Apprentice Bar Assistant The Ivy Leaf
We are looking to recruit two apprentice bar assistants to work in our amazing team. An exciting opportunity for a reliable and confident individual to join the team. Candidates must possess a passion to learn about hospitality in addition to excellent customer service skills. You will learn the ropes of how to be an exceptional bar assistant
Closing date: 30 May 2022
£144.30 to £285.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Jun 2022
16 Dec 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
No two days are the same in hospitality, but your day to day duties will include:-
- Welcome customers and presenting food and beverage menus to them
- Make accurate recommendations and answering questions from customers relating to drinks
- Take food and drink orders from the customers
- Take orders from the employer in regards to customer treatment and service
- Mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in accordance to standard recipes
- Peel, slice, and store fruits for garnishing drinks
- Serve mixed and garnished cocktails as requested by the customers
- Serve bar food and snacks to customers at the table on request
- Attend to questions from customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Be vigilant to ensure that customers do not get into problems related to excessive drinking or gambling
- Facilitate payments by customers via POS
- Prepare receipts for customers
- Arrange drinking glasses and bottles in an attractive manner
- Ensure that the bar and drinking area is well cleaned and conducive for customers’ relaxation
- Ensure strict compliance to relevant health, safety, and hygiene standards and policies
- Restock the bar
- Clean up used glasses after use by customers
- Remove ashtrays used for smoking by customers
Requirements and prospects
- Customer service skills, including being knowledgeable about products to assist customers
- Great communication skills
- Active listening skills and a good memory for remembering different orders from different customers
- Attention to detail
- Ability to carry out basic order processing and payment tasks on a till or a handheld device
- The ability to work well in a noisy, high-pressure environment
- Ability to multitask and remain organised during a busy period
- Ability to work in a busy environment and with a wide variety of customers
- Ability to work within a team
- Good standard of personal hygiene
- Passion to start a career in hospitality
- Enjoy working with others and be able to cooperate as part of a team
- Calm demeanour to deal with demanding customers
No formal qualifications required as full training will be provided
On gaining your Level 2 qualification we will complete a pay increase review and anyone who wishes to continue their career development will be offered the opportunity to apply for your Level 3 training to qualify as a Bar Supervisor or Manager.
You may then be offered promotion to Bar Supervisor or Manager.
Things to consider
Various bonuses and incentives are achievable throughout the year based on sales performance, mystery shopper audits, stock audits and compliance audits.
About the employer
Premier Pubs Ltd is a pub management company that currently manages 2 pubs serving traditional pub food and drinks.
We invest in staff training and development and our teams enjoy a staff perks scheme, bonuses, meals on shift and a company pension scheme.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Catch 22 Charity Limited
Daisy Kay email@example.com
Level 2 Hospitality team member apprenticeship standard.
As an Apprentice Bar Assistant, you will be a vital part of the team delivering exceptional customer service to our clientele. You will have a passion for the hospitality industry and providing guest excellence at all times.
- Focus on developing basic skills required to be an amazing Hospitality Team Member
- Ensure compliance to procedures, service standards and specifications
- Communicate internally and externally with customers and colleagues
You will have a dedicated industry expert to guide and coach you through components of your programme and you’ll experience a range of different learning opportunities.
- Meetings with your dedicated trainer
- Interactive Online Workshops
- Self-guided research
- On-job instruction
- Peer to peer mentoring
- Personal development planning
- Manager progress reviews
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.