Become part of one of the UK’s leading Estate Agents, which is part of the Connells Group inc. Sequence with over 510 High Street Branches, employing over 5,700 people… THE OPPORTUNITIES ARE ENDLESS.
Apprentice Lettings Negotiator (Derby)
Connell Estate Agents
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.55 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £6.95 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
5 days out of 7,TBC - 08:30 - 18:00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Mar 2017
25 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
At the beginning of your apprenticeship, you will spend most of your time shadowing experienced members of the branch to give you a clear insight on the smooth running of the business on a daily basis.
- Assist the Lettings Manager in maximising the overall income and profitability of the branch.
- Maintain an adequate applicant register.
- Maintain regular contact with the company’s clients.
- Ensure all appointments are entered into the office diary.
- Ensure the placement of timely advertisements within the expenditure limits set by your Area Director and monitor responses.
- Complete success sheets and process tenant applications in accordance with company policy.
- Qualify landlords and tenants according to company policy and in particular in accordance with the information required for completion of tenant and landlord cards/forms.
- Ensure all signups are dealt with efficiently and explanations are provided to tenants where necessary.
- Ensure all tenants are aware of their insurance responsibilities and endeavour to sell suitable insurance at every opportunity.
- Carry out viewings and market appraisals in a professional and efficient manner when required.
- Ensure you comply at all times with all legislative requirements and company directives, policies and procedures.
- Carry out ad hoc projects at the request of your Manager and others as and when required.
Requirements and prospects
- No experience necessary. NVQ role, so salary will reflect this.
- Target orientated with a proven track record of achievement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organised.
- Team player.
- Ability to develop and maintain internal/external relationships.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and to remain calm and professional at all times.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently use Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel.
- Have access to own transport, with a full (preferably clean) driving licence, as this role will require you to travel to houses on viewings.
- Professional and flexible.
- Driven and positive.
- Have a genuine interest in working within estate agency.
- Ability to manage stress.
- Well presented, polite, tactful and friendly.
- English and Maths at grade A – D or equivalent are desirable.
After successful completion of this apprenticeship, you may be offered the chance to join the Lettings department as a Negotiator.
Things to consider
Saturday work is also required.
About the employer
Connells Group is one of the largest and most successful estate agency and property services providers in the UK. Founded in 1936 and with a network of over 580 branches nationwide, the Group combines residential sales and lettings expertise with a range of consumer and corporate services including new homes, mortgage services, conveyancing, EPC provision, surveying, corporate lettings, asset management, land & planning, LPA receivers and auctions. Alongside the Connells brand, the Group trades under other well-known and trusted local names including Allen & Harris, Ashley Adams, Atkinson Stilgoe, Bagshaws Residential, Barnard Marcus, Brown & Merry, Burchell Edwards, Fox & Sons, Gilbert & Thomas, Gascoigne Halman, Hatched, Hurfords, Jones & Chapman, Knight Partnership, Manners & Harrison, Pattison Lane, Paul Dubberley, Peter Alan, Roger Platt, Rook Matthews Sayer, Sequence, Sharman Quinney, Shipways, Swetenhams, Thomas George and William H Brown. Our branches cover most of the UK so whether you need estate agency services in Scotland or on the South-East coast, we can help.
Full Property lettings and management incorporating:
- NVQ where evidence will be gathered to build a portfolio showing your competency within the role.
- Functional Skills to include Maths, English and IT (depending on award and previous qualifications) where a tested part will be completed.
- Technical Certificate to underpin your knowledge of working in the sector, this also comes with a tested part.
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Courtney Linton 07471033883 Courtney.Linton@babingtongroup.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017