1st Line Technical Support Apprentice 1st Stop Group Ltd
1st Stop Group are a Financial Lending Specialist company based in the North West, they are rapidly expanding and require an apprentice for immediate start.
Closing date: 19 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
03 Oct 2017
25 Jan 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Your duties and responsibilities within this role on a day-to-day basis will include:
- Initially to act a 1st line support help desk technician, raising and allocating problem tickets for clients on any IT related issue using our online systems.
- Answering Service Desk Calls in an efficient and courteous manner helping to resolve simple issues during the call.
- Escalating tickets internally to other team members as appropriate.
- Identify and isolate technical issues and initiate action as appropriate.
- Consult with technical colleagues to resolve complex IT problems and issues.
- Represent this company in technical forums and projects.
- Document and deploy technical process and procedures.
As an Apprentice Technician within this company, you will be expected to:
- Be interested in the IT environment away from the workplace, keep up to date with new technologies and read industry specific literature.
- Answer Service Desk calls and respond to client queries online or via email.
- Deal with technical problems accordingly and promptly, fixing issues where possible remotely.
- Escalate any issues that require more senior input to the suitable person internally.
Requirements and prospects
- Communicate with and support colleagues, customers, and suppliers in a professional manner
- Demonstrate excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of standard applicable computing disciplines including change, configuration, problem, performance, and operational management
- Being enthusiastic, confident, positive and proactive is essential
- Pleasant and friendly manner, empathy for customers
- Ability to communicate to colleagues and customers of varying ages and backgrounds
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ambitious with an appetite to learn
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
About the employer
1st Stop Group Ltd
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive seven weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
- CompTIA A+
Estio training also offer the following optional units:
- MCTS on Windows 7
- MCTS on MCSA, MS Solutions Associate
- MCITP on Windows Server 2008
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- MCSA Windows Server 2012
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Luke Metcalf 01133 500 333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 19 Sep 2017