Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship Redburn Park Medical Centre
This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to become a medical receptionist and get their foot through the door in the NHS. This is a busy medical receptionist in North Shields, and a brilliant position so do not miss out!
Closing date: 30 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Jul 2022
02 Dec 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Responsibilities may include:
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from a range of clients
- Covering medical reception
- Meeting and greeting patients
- Utilisation of clinical/practice software
- Archiving and management of patient records/files
- Publication and coordination of patient correspondence Management of appointments
- Fielding repeat prescription enquiries via telephone and online
- Assistance with practice manager as and when required Inputting data onto in-house systems
- Answering telephones and dealing with customer enquiries with an excellent telephone manner, also answering email enquiries
- Deal with customer contact effectively and efficiently, in line with the firm’s expectations and company ethos
- Maintain manual and computerised filing systems
- Dealing with clients face to face and over the phone to manage cases and communicating information correctly
- Data entry using computerised systems
- General office duties (faxing, filing, scanning, photocopying etc.)
- Other roles and responsibilities where appropriate
Requirements and prospects
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office systems
- Good keyboard skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Numerate and Literate
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to tight timescales
- Good communication skills
- Accurate and good attention to detail
- Reliable and punctual
- Desire to develop
- Honest and trustworthy
GCSE Grade 4-9/A*-C or equivalent in maths and English.
About the employer
Redburn Park Medical Centre originated on Wallsend Road in 1988 and moved to purpose built new premises in August 2007. All our facilities are on the ground floor with full disabled access and on-site parking. We are 50 metres from Percy Main Metro station and close to bus stops. Our practice area covers mainly North Shields, extending west to Churchill Street Wallsend, east to the coast, south to the Tyne Tunnel, and north to Rake Lane road, Norham road north, and the Coast road. Details of all our services are available on our website and in our practice leaflet.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by LearningSkills
Alex Helm 0191 433 8761 email@example.com
- Level 3 Business administrator Apprenticeship Standard.
- English and maths to Level 2 required, if not already achieved.
- Ongoing assessment by the employer and provider – for example meetings with apprentice, employer and learning provider, observations of workplace, gathering evidence.
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour in relation to, customer service principles and practices, planning, regulation, responsibility and IT, business principles, customer communication and health and safety.
- Undertake a self-assessment in the last month of their apprenticeship to enable them to see whether they are confident that they have taken on board all aspects of the occupation. This self-assessment must be submitted to the independent end point assessor as a source of evidence to prepare for independent.
- End Point Assessment which will include multiple choice assessment; showcase portfolio of learning and interview; presentation of a project.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.