Human Resource and Recruitment Apprentice Decorative Panels Holdings Ltd
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual to join a growing company where they can lean and develop skills in a friendly and supportive environment. You will work towards a Level 2 Recruitment Resourcer apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 01 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 45.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
04 Jul 2022
26 Nov 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
To assist the HR Department through:
- Identifying resource needs and placing appropriate adverts on job sites
- Shortlisting candidates and arranging for interview
- Organising application and induction paperwork and ensuring it is recorded correctly within personnel files
- Liaising with Recruitment agencies to ensure flexible resources are in place
- Ensuring relevant HR and HS paperwork is filed correctly
- To assist in the administration of the company time management and employee self-service systems
- To liaise with the production team to ensure training and development plans are in place and adhered to
- To provide other administrative support to the HR & HS departments
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions
- Attend and be punctual for all lessons with regards to your apprenticeship programme
- Complete all required assignments with regards to your apprenticeship by the required timeline
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going during your apprenticeship programme
- Access support from your tutor/assessor as and when required
- Access support from your manager with regards to any evidence requirements or support as and when required
- Attend all work-based training/support sessions
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
Requirements and prospects
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent IT skills (Qualification is desirable), knowledge of Microsoft Office packages e.g., Word, Excel, and email
- Desirable to have experience in a customer service/retail or administration role
- Good attendance and timekeeping are essential
- Hardworking and willing to accept feedback
- Polite, friendly & helpful manner both face to face and on the telephone
- Smart appearance
- Well organised and a planned approach to completing tasks
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Willing to learn and develop
- Good eye for detail
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Studied and achieved a BTech or A Level (or equivalent) in a business-related subject.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship and demonstratable competence of the role full time permanent employment is available with the opportunity to grow and develop with the company and enrolment on to a further Human Resources Level 3 qualification.
Things to consider
Must be 18 years old due to hours required for this position.
About the employer
Part of the Decorative Panels Group we specialise in the production of cut, edged, drilled, grooved, and shaped panels for manufacturers and retailers.
The Decorative Panels Group is steeped in history and dates back to 1907 when the family were local cabinetmakers. Today, Decorative Panels is still privately owned and managed by the third generation of the same family. We are proud to be Europe’s leading supplier of decorative faced sheet materials, panel components and flat pack furniture.
The Group combines three divisions, Decorative Panels Lamination, Decorative Panels Components and Decorative Panels Furniture. Our vertically integrated companies supply the most prominent names in the furniture industry.
Decorative Panels Holdings Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Nichola Barnes Apprenticeships@kirkleescollege.ac.uk
To successfully complete this apprenticeship standard, the learner will need to complete one Level 2 knowledge qualification and one Level 2 competency qualification as listed below:
- Level 2 Certificate in Recruitment Resourcing
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Recruitment Resourcing
Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this prior to taking the end point assessment.
Core Technical Knowledge and Understanding:
The recruitment resourcer will need to understand:
- The candidate attraction and selection processes
- The legal, regulatory and ethical requirements and appropriate codes of practice when resourcing
- Recruitment sales techniques and processes and how to support them
- Agreed job related Key Performance Indicators (assessment completed, interviews etc.) and how they will be assessed and measured during the apprenticeship
- Market rates and conditions within their sector
- How to initiate, build and maintain relationships with candidates
- The recruitment industry and the principles of the recruitment models
- Employee rights and responsibilities including equality, diversity and inclusion
The principles and importance of using research, for resourcing, including:
- Quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Research validity and reliability
- Sources of research information
Core Technical Skills
The recruitment resourcer will need to:
- Research, identify and attract candidates using all appropriate methods to satisfy job
- Write, place and update adverts in line with company procedures
- Monitor responses/applications received and make sure that candidate’s applications
- are processed efficiently
- Qualify, shortlist and present suitable candidates against defined job vacancies
- Assist in the recruitment and selection processes by effectively liaising with the
- candidates and internal teams
- Initiate, manage and develop candidate relationships
- Identify and progress leads as required
- Contribute to the development of a recruitment resourcing plan
- Proactively and consistently strive to identify new candidate and client opportunities
- Provide first line support for all enquiries
- Provide pre-employment and compliance checks in line with company policy and
- relevant legislation
- Provide support to ensure that the candidates and clients receive a professional and
- comprehensive recruitment service at all times
- Seek and provide feedback in a professional manner at all times to candidates
- Accurately record candidate and client information on the recruitment database
- Utilise database information in line with relevant legislation and best practice
- Escalate non-compliance where appropriate
- Meet agreed Key Performance Indicators (e.g., interviews arranged, candidates sourced etc.)
Core Behavioural Attributes:
- Someone who takes independent action to fulfil work tasks
- Tenacity and resilience
- Someone who continues to make effective candidate resourcing contacts despite initial setbacks.
- Ambition, drive and determination
- An individual who is clear on their personal objectives and plans accordingly
- Ability to prioritise and escalate where necessary
- Someone who can plan workloads and undertake
- Tasks systematically. If no clear priority is found, then they will seek help.
- Someone who seeks new ways to achieve tasks
- Attention to detail
- Accurate data entry of candidate details
- Ethical customer focused approach
- An individual who operates under the spirit of codes of practice, ethics and the law
- Are very organised
- An organised individual would be able to organise their time in an efficient manner
- Good questioning and listening
- Someone who can pay attention, interact and support a conversation, probing for further information when required
You are given time off to study and complete work for your apprenticeship. The study day is a Wednesday.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.