Sign Installation Apprentice Allied Signs Ltd
Would you like a practical career? Do you have a flair for design and good level of attention to for detail? Then this could be the role for you. Learning all aspects of the sign industry from vinyl applications to fitting outside signage this will be a varied role
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
21 Oct 2017
24 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As a Vinyl Graphics/Sign Installer apprentice your duties will involve but not be limited to:
- Signage installation from vinyl graphics to flexface signs
- Use of mobile towers (PASMA) and cherry pickers (IPAF)
- Sign fabrication - tray manufacture, panel and frame building and construction of signage
- You may have to dig and prepare ground ready for the installation of signs
- You will have to work at heights
- You will work in the workshop and also out on site
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Hard working and willing to learn
- Team player
GCSE Grades C and above to include English and Maths or equivalent.
This will turn into a permanent position for the right candidate.
Things to consider
You may have to travel across the UK to install signage for clients.
If on a site job, fitting a sign you may be asked to work in all weathers and at height.
About the employer
At Sign Service, we are always aware of the need to keep up to date with the latest technologies in sign production and we are continually investing in new systems to keep us at the forefront of sign manufacture.
Being close to M6 & M42 motorway networks we are ideally positioned to service our customers across the UK.
Our portfolio of clients & customers, many of whom having been with us for many years, is testament to our understanding of the needs of the customer.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Sign Making.
- Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT at Level 1 (if applicable).
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities Workbook.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills Workbook.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Walsall College - Wisemore Campus
Samantha Williams 01922 688898
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017