Reception and Administration Apprentice Dr. H. Choudhary
The Apprentice Receptionist is responsible for dealing with all matters concerning the non-medical care of patients, either on the premises or via the telephone.
Closing date: 22 Jun 2022
£177.97 - £309.32
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
23 Jun 2022
22 Nov 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Welcoming and directing patients
- Booking appointments and handing out appointment cards
- Accepting and handing out prescriptions, letters, completed forms, specimen bottles etc.
- Dealing with requests for visits and information and with problems and complaints
- Registering new patients, temporary residents, emergency patients and those requiring immediate treatment
- Undertaking such administrative work as required by the Practice and other organisations
- Scanning and coding of medical records, letters and test results
- Booking hospital referrals using the e refferal computer software system
- Making appointments
- Dealing with requests for visits and recording them to the IT system
- Dealing with queries from patients and other agencies and recording them
- Telephoning hospitals for test results and to make appointments
- Booking ambulance transport, routine and emergency
- Taking messages and recording them to IT system
- Dealing with problems and queries from the doctors, other Practice staff, attached staff and other agencies outside the Practice
- Occasional filing and maintenance of medical records, letters and test results
- Data entry of patient and clinical information
- Ensuring that patient information is maintained in accordance with the Data Protection Act and that such information is not unlawfully disclosed outside the Practice
- Any other duties deemed mutually reasonable from time to time by the Doctors, Practice Manager and Senior Receptionist at the Practice
- Help secretaries with photocopying as required
- Help Data Quality lead with duties for calling Patients for annual checks
Requirements and prospects
- Good all-round administration and computer skills
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office is essential
- Able to work on their own initiative
- Customer service skills
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of our organisation
- Demonstrate the importance of confidentiality both within the organisation and when interacting with service users
- Show willingness to learn about the needs of our service users and the services we offer
- Grade C/4 (or equivalent) in maths and English
This role will give you a level 3 qualification and experience in a medical setting.
Things to consider
5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays per year (Paid).
3 days sick leave paid per year, thereafter SSP will be paid.
The apprentice will have 3 sessions am or pm as Practice deems appropriate each week dedicated for learning time. This may be agreed to be taken in house or out of the Practice.
3 month review of post and ongoing appraisals with training.
The Practice will terminate the contract at the end of the apprenticeship.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Heath Hayes Health Centre.
Chase Medical Practice.
Offering a wide range of services.
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Emma Stead 01788 820132 email@example.com
- Level 3 Business Administration Standard
- Functional skills in Maths and English if required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.