Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice D D Empire
DD Empire Hair & Beauty is looking for somebody who is enthusiastic and passionate about starting a career in hairdressing to join their friendly and experienced team.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
17 Oct 2022
17 Nov 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Typical daily tasks of an apprentice will include:
- Cleaning and tidying salon
- Greeting clients
- Making drinks
- Shampooing client's hair
- Advising clients on shampoos, conditioners and treatments (training will be given)
- Assisting and observing stylists and when a certain level of skill and understanding has been gained the tasks will gradually increase to things like applying colours, blow drying, styling etc.
Requirements and prospects
- Confident with good communication skills
- Customer focused
- You should be smart, presentable, with a good attitude to work and time keeping
- Passion for the hairdressing industry
- Friendly and helpful
- Willing to learn
- Fluent in speaking English
- Able to read and write in English
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent at grade D/3 or above
On successful completion of level 2 hairdressing standard, there may be the opportunity to progress onto level 3 hairdressing.
Things to consider
Applicants must have a realistic idea of what it is like to work as an apprentice in the hairdressing industry and must be willing to help out with the less glamorous tasks such as cleaning! Please be aware that when working as a Hairdressing Apprentice, part of your daily jobs will be to clean and tidy the salon.
There will be long periods of activity throughout the day.
Applicants also need to ensure that they are willing to work Saturdays and at least one late evening before applying for the position as this is a requirement when working in the hairdressing industry.
About the employer
DD Empire are an Afro & European Hair and Beauty salon in Barewood.
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Emma Stead 01788 820132 email@example.com
- Level 2 Hairdressing Standard
- Functional skills in maths and English if required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.