Business Administrator and Customer Service Apprentice Alpha Omega Computers Ltd
Various duties as a Business and Customer Administrator Apprentice. Expand your skillsets and excel under your own initiative. An opportunity to open the door to a successful career and gain professional experience.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
04 Jul 2022
17 Nov 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The aim is to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship. The role will include some of the following areas:
- Answer the telephone confidently and be able to communicate in a professional manner when taking helpdesk and general enquires.
- Log all calls in the Service Desk Call Logging system with a high level of accuracy
- Make telephone calls and be able to confidently communicate to customers, contractors and staff in a professional manner to check progress, completion of job and that all parties are satisfied.
- Dealing with requests for information speedily and efficiently
- Speak clearly and in a polite/friendly manner
- Inputting and updating customer information on to internal systems.
- Own and take forward initiatives and small projects
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner.
- General administrative duties
- Using Microsoft Packages as well as bespoke software relevant to the company
- Maintain health & safety standards
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
Requirements and prospects
We’d love to meet to someone with…
- Excellent communication skills
- Has a passion for Idealding with customers and IT and enjoys being part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Good attention to detail
- Good time management
- Somebody who is a good verbal communicator who has a polite, clear and professional telephone manner.
- Must have a good level of literacy skills.
- IT literate and have a good understanding of Microsoft Packages especially Excel.
- Confident in using email and the internet.
- Desirable if you have experience of working in a busy customer service environment.
- The successful candidate will be organised
- Willing to work effectively in the team
- Have a an intereste in IT
- Can use Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
- A motivated, hardworking and determined individual.
- A desire to develop within the company
- knowledge and a motivated approach to the role are essential.
- Wants to learn and achieve
- Smart & Presentable
- An enthusiastic individual
- Flexible approach to work, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
- Ability to work on own initiative, when required
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual,
- Respond positively to the demands of a varied workload.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development.
- Maths and English GCSE grade 4/C or above or equivalents
Great prospects for progression to a permanent role for the right candidate, and further progression through future training.
Along with training designed to provide you with real-world skills straight from the industry professionals, you will earn a salary and receive a qualification.
During your apprenticeship you will also receive additional benefits such as paid holidays, pension schemes and company social events as a reward for your hard work.
Things to consider
The company is located in Batley; there is a train and bus station in both Dewsbury and Batley.
Please check the time it will take for you to travel as well as the cost.
Following applying for this vacancy the first stage, after your initial application, will be to attend an interview with Nichola Barnes via Zoom. If you do not attend this interview your application will not progress any further.
For any further information on this vacancy please contact Nichola Barnes at Kirklees College on E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile Number: 07788390025
Apprenticeship Team: email@example.com
NO CONTACT should be made with the employer at this initial stage, the College is more than happy to help you with any queries you may have.
The salary may be negotiable. This will depend on experience.
The salary may also increase after a probationary period, if the budget allows, following successful employment and production of the required work towards achieving the qualifications towards the apprenticeship training programme.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Your employer will allow you time off for study and this will be part of your contract of employment. You should attend all required classes and keep up to date with any set work. At this present time classes may be delviered noth in college and via Teams.
About the employer
Alpha Omega Computers Ltd was incorporated on the 27th of October 1999. The Company was formed as a direct response to the needs of larger organisations to outsource part, or all, of their IT requirement.
In February 2016, one of our most senior engineers undertook training at Samsung Techwin’s modern training centre, to further broaden the company’s existing IP camera installation and networking knowledge base. Since gaining the knowledge and subsequent certification, this service is proving to be more and more popular with clients today.
Alpha Omega Computers Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Nichola Barnes 07788390025 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 customer service.
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions
- Attend and be punctual for all lessons
- Complete all required assignments with by the required timeline.
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going during your apprenticeship programme.
- Access support from your tutor/assessor as and when required
- Access support from your manager with regards to any evidence requirements or support as and when required
- Attend all work-based training/support sessions
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.