HR Apprentice SAFRAN AEROSYSTEMS SERVICES UK LIMITED
As a HR Apprentice you will be providing administrative support within the HR function for Safran Aerosystems Services UK Ltd. You’ll work to ensure that all administrative tasks are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with both our local and Group level rules and procedures.
Closing date: 03 Feb 2022
£14,000.00 - £16,000.00
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
17 Feb 2022
09 Nov 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As part of this role you will be required to study towards the HR Support Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard at Colchester Institute.
Some of your main tasks will include:
- Ensuring that all HR paperwork is scanned and filed appropriately and that the paper filing system is maintained, whilst ensuring all data held is accurate and done so in accordance with GDPR and Data Protection regulations.
- Collating each month all payroll updates, ensuring the relevant documentation is completed and inputting and submitting updates onto the payroll portal
- Attending meetings and acting as note taker when required and supporting the HR Manager in day to day HR activities
- Organising training, setting up training rooms and maintaining the internal training matrix and portal and ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed.
- Recruitment, monitoring the recruitment inbox, liaising with our external recruitment partners, sharing CV’s with hiring managers and organising interviews
- Supporting the KPI reporting process
- General administration including organising letters and contracts of employment
- Monitoring end of probation periods and sending reminders to Line Managers
- Assisting with the development of communication activities across the site and responsibility for the company newsletter
In addition, you’ll also get involved in a range of HR projects, attending working groups as part of the UK HR network. You’ll also be responsible for monitoring absence levels and notifying the HR Manager and Line Managers where employee absence levels above the expected rates or are triggering local trigger points in line with our sickness absence policy. In addition to any additional tasks set by the HR Manager or as required by the business.
You will have an interest in Human Resources and how the function supports the business and its operations. You’ll be qualified to GCSE level (or other such equivalent) with at least an A-C in English Maths (this is essential for the role). You will have previous experience in managing multiple priorities and taking the initiative to ensure tasks are completed on time to a high standard. With great organisational skills, the ability to prioritise, you’ll be a hands on and proactive individual who is keen and enthusiastic about learning new things and have previous experience using a range of Microsoft packages including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
You’ll need excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and be polite and diplomatic when faced with issues or challenges. Most importantly you’ll be able to be discrete and maintain confidentiality at all times as you’ll be dealing with sensitive data and topics. You’ll be self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team, and be confident in speaking to people at all levels of the business and have a keen eye for detail.
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience in managing multiple priorities and taking the initiative to ensure tasks are completed on time and to a high standard.
- Excellent organisation skills
- Strong IT skills – experience using MS Packages including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Hands on and proactive
- Keen and enthusiastic about learning new things
- Polite and diplomatic when faced with issues or challenges
- Discrete manner to ensure confidentiality at all times.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and part of a team
- Confident in speaking to people at all levels of the business
- Keen eye for detail
- Essential: Grades 9-4/A*-C in Maths and English
- All candidates will be required to complete Colchester Institute's mandatory initial assessment process before being put forward to the company. This will consist of online assessments and interview with the relevant department.
- This apprenticeship will give the successful candidate a good range of administrative skills which can be transferred to a variety of job roles in the future. They will also gain experience working in a HR department and will along the way pick up HR specific knowledge which will help if they wish to pursue a career in HR.
Things to consider
- This role is will involve long periods working on a computer and is primarily office based with some opportunities for working from home where appropriate. The company also has two buildings and there are regularly times where it is necessary to move between the two buildings, and often with laptops or documentation.
- There may be some travel involved in the role, however it is not expected for this to be often. There may be times where it necessary to work additional hours to get work/tasks complete or where meetings start late in the day or over run.
- The successful candidate will have access to sensitive and confidential information and will likely be involved in or overhear discussions which relate to personal information about members of staff or sensitive business issues and so must understand the importance of maintaining this confidentiality.
- Colchester Institute – Apprenticeship Team manage the applications to this role and you will be required to complete our initial assessment process before your application gets sent onto the employer
- Please be advised that the closing date for this role could be brought forward or extended if this vacancy receives a high number or low number of applicants and/or the company recruit before the closing date.
- Whilst there are possible closing and start dates should you be available earlier this can be negotiated with the employer.
About the employer
Safran Group is an international high-technology group which operates in the aviation, defense and space markets. Our core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. The Safran Aerosystems division contributes to this by designing high-tech solutions that optimise aircraft performance and flight safety and is a world leader in emergency evacuation systems and crew oxygen systems.
Here at Safran Aerosystems Services UK, flight safety is our area of expertise. We ensure that flights are safe by providing essential maintenance and repair activities for life saving evacuation equipment, oxygen systems and in-cabin equipment for customers across the aviation industry. You’ll join a team of hard-working individuals who put safety at the forefront of everything they do.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Colchester Institute
Colchester Institute - Apprenticeship Team 01206 712043 email@example.com
All delivered within the work place via online training and at Colchester Institute Campus.
Candidates will undertake the HR Support Level 3 apprenticeship standard.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.