Apprentice Butcher (Based in Harrogate HG3 1EW) Robertshaw James
To learn the skill of the butchery within a fast-paced butchery department while maintaining the highest possible standards of customer service.
Closing date: 29 May 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Jun 2022
04 Nov 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Serving customers to the highest standard
- Set up shop ensuring that all displays a well presented and items packed away using correct storage conditions
- Boning pork, beef, and lamb carcasses
- Sausage and burger making
- Maintaining a high level of health and safety
- Maintaining a high level of food hygiene
- Preparing fresh meat for sale on our pre-packaged counter
- Prepared value-added products
- Achieving and maintaining efficient stock rotation
- Building rapport with customers
- Cleaning down at close of day
- Preparation and packaging of orders
- Issue and demonstration of safe working procedures for tools and equipment
- Ensuring the café on site is fully stocked with fresh meat
Requirements and prospects
- Willingness to learn is the key aspect
- Training will be provided continuously
A calm, professional individual that can cope well under pressure, a conscientious and willing attitude when learning new skills and the ability to work well as a part of a team.
No previous qualifications required Level 1 functional skills in maths and English must be achieved prior to gateway and the learner must also attempt their level 2 maths and English exams. *functional skills does not apply if the apprentice already holds a GCSE (or equivalent) grade A*-C/9-4 in both English and maths.
Possibly of been offered a full-time contract with a wage rise.
Things to consider
- They will be based in Robertshaw’s at Crimple, Crimple Hall, Leeds road, Pannal, Harrogate HG3 1EW
- Starting £200 per weekly dependant. 16 and above £5 per hour
After 1st year completed; Under 18 - £5.50 per hour Over 19 - £6.90 per hour 21-22 - £8.50 per hour 23 and over £9.00 per hour
- Please review the current Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leeds City College
Leeds City College 0113 284 6464 email@example.com
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.