Apprentice CNC Machinist Engineer Edale Limited
This role will provide the successful candidate with recognised training skills to qualify as a CNC Machinist, and also training covering a range of disciplines within our manufacturing business. A permanent role could be offered after successful completion of the 3 year training period.
Closing date: 30 May 2022
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
31 May 2022
05 Nov 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- To complete BTEC or equivalent qualifications
- To produce high quality components to the drawings, specifications, and tolerances provided
- To report to the Production Manager any drawings that exceeds the working parameters of your machine
- To self-inspect all work that you have carried out on a component in accordance with the quality procedure and to self-inspect all work as deemed necessary to maintain zero defect policy
- Responsible for reporting any quality failures to the Shop Supervisor/Manager.
- Responsible for reporting any problems related to the operation of the machine tool to the Shop Supervisor/Manager
- To define and report any areas for process improvement in accordance with the company’s Continuous Improvement program
- To follow both the company’s Health and Safety and Environmental policies
- To ensure that working areas are kept to the highest level of cleanliness
- To define and report any areas for process improvement
- To perform any other task as may be reasonably required and consistent with duties of the post
Requirements and prospects
- Good communicator
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Have a good work ethic
- Good timekeeping
- For this standard A*-C / 9-3 in maths and English or equivalent is desirable, however all applicants will be considered on merit subject to initial assessment against the requirements of the standard
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel essential
- Willingness to learn is key
- Possibility to progress within the company
About the employer
Edale are a leading supplier of high technology, narrow-mid web flexographic and digital printing presses and converting equipment.
Constantly watching and focusing on the ever-changing needs of the printing and packaging market, we apply our renowned design and engineering expertise to provide equipment that helps you to deliver quality products day-in, day-out, enhancing your image, reputation and profitability.
Our printing and converting systems are designed to enable you to increase throughput and quality, reduce material wastage and enjoy maximum uptime. They are also fully upgradeable to stay ahead of you, and your customers, changing demands.
With over 50 worldwide agents and distributors, Edale have a long list of satisfied customers in many international locations.
HAVANT AND SOUTH DOWNS COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Downs College
Liz Langley +442393879999 firstname.lastname@example.org
As an Apprentice, you will have the opportunity to study the following through this Apprenticeship:
- Apprenticeship in Engineering Technician Level 3
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- End Point Assessment
- English, maths and ICT if required
At Havant & South Downs College we offer different methods of delivery either work based or day release. This will be discussed with you upon appointment.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.