Health and Social Care Apprentice Nazareth House Special Needs Unit
You will be working within a team already based within the care home helping elderly residents with personal care, breakfast, lunch and dinner for the many residents they have there. You will be completing your Level 2 in Health and Social Care and helping support residents with the best quality care.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
23 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Care and support of elderly residents.
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and clean environment for each resident.
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Be aware of safeguarding of vulnerable adults.
- Help support residents with quality care and update relations.
- Complete all documentation required per resident.
- Report any queries issues or problems to the manager.
- Help feed and cloth residents and support with personal care.
- Caring and supportive and understand the elderly.
Requirements and prospects
- Giving residents a positive impression and be caring of their needs
- Great customer service
- Fantastic listening skills
- Great communication skills
- Helpful and supportive
- Respectful and responsible
- Understanding and diplomatic
- Aware of different needs and requirements
You need to have an interest in caring for the elderly and being respectful and responsible at all times following all processes and policies within the care home.
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalents) desirable but not essential.
- Caring nature and wanting to be helpful and willing and supportive.
Things to consider
About the employer
Nazareth House Special Needs Unit
- Level 2 Health and Social Care
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
This will be delivered by Interserve/ESG who will deliver the qualification to you within the work place, so no going to college; an assessor will visit you every 4-6 weeks and set you work.
Health and Social Care
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
Jules Westbrook firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017