Apprentice Chef Parkmore Hotel & Leisure Club
The Parkmore Hotel Eaglescliffe is looking to recruit an apprentice chef for their very busy kitchen, you will work alongside the head chef and learn cooking skills to a high standard. Must have a passion for food.
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Aug 2017
20 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties will include:
- Working alongside the Head chef as well as other kitchen employees in food production.
- Assist kitchen staff in maintaining high cuisine standards.
- Assist the line chefs in the production of different foods for example vegetables, meats and pastries.
- You will adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Assist the chef in preparing and serving food to clients on time.
- Maintain food safety when storing, hold and serving food.
- Learn the importance of stock rotation and adhere to it.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent attention to detail
- Should love working with food
- Candidates should be able to listen and take instructions and follow these through to completion to a very high standard
- Need excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with staff
- Need a high level of confidence.
- Hardworking with a passion for the hospitality industry.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Be able to work as part of a team or unsupervised.
- Personal hygiene must be maintained.
- Must be enthusiastic, self motivated, keen to learn, punctual, reliable, honest and trustworthy.
GCSE grades A*-D, or equivalent qualifications, including Maths and English are preferred but not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
Many original features of this stunning property are still evident. Pride of place, at the bottom of the main staircase is a newal, taken from one of their ships in the early 1900's. At the top of the main stairs, and above the main doors are fine examples of hand painted stained glass windows.
The original house, over time has been added to, to make the present building, which proudly boasts 55 bedrooms, J's@ 636 Restaurant, Sun-trap Patio, Fully Licensed Bar - serving food, Extensive Conference & Banqueting Facilities, Licensed for Civil Ceremonies, "The Parkmore Leisure Club"and Inspire Beauty Salon.
Jeremy & Louise Leeds have been continuously modernising the property since they took over in 2007. It now has a more contemporary, stylish feel, that welcomes guests from all over the world.
The candidate will enrol onto an Apprenticeship programme with Middlesbrough College.
This will consist of:
- An NVQ Level 2 Chef Diploma.
- Technical Certificate.
- Functional Skills (where applicable).
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Middlesbrough College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today