Apprentice Chef BEER AND COFFEE CO LIMITED
As an apprentice chef you learn and develop your skill through the support of the head chef and experienced kitchen team. You will learn how the kitchen is organised and how we delegate tasks to provide a great working environment. You will be shown how to prep and create dishes to spec, ready for service.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
£150.00 - £270.00
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Jun 2022
20 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As an apprentice chef you learn and develop your skill through the support of the head chef and experienced kitchen team. You will learn how the kitchen is organised and how we delegate tasks to provide a great working environment.
You will be shown how to prep and create dishes to spec, ready for service. Being part of the kitchen team will allow you to learn new skills and build a passion for food and the process. In the kitchen you will gain understanding of stock control, orders and managing prep levels.
We will show you what it takes to uphold excellent food hygiene standards and health and safety with kitchen equipment. We love what we do! Creating the best team and developing skills to provide quality is what we are about. Work hard, show your passion and enthusiasm and forge a great career with people who value you.
Duties will include:
- Working as part of a team and taking direction of others
- Learning inventory and stock levels
- Excepting deliveries and learning food orders
- Understanding recipes and learning new dishes
- Prepping ingredients and dishes for service
- Maintaining hygiene standards and keeping the kitchen clean
- Understanding kitchen operations and order of service
- Preparing food and cooking to high standards
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work as a team and independently
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Attention to detail and high standards
- Ability to accept criticism
- Ability to uphold hygiene standards and a clean work environment
- Communication skills
- Passionate about cooking and food preparation
- Positive attitude
- Keen to learn and develop skill
- Hard working
- GCSE English or maths required at Grade 2/E or above
- We want to be able to develop our staff and build a strong foundation with our employees. We want you to grow with us as a company, we really believe a strong team structure is the heart of our business. On completion of your apprenticeship, we aim to offer a contract and permanent position in one of our kitchens. We will the continue your personal development with you as part of the company
Things to consider
We do require apprentices to be fully committed to the workload. The kitchens can be fast paced and high pressure at busy times. This job does require a curtain level of stamina in regards to being on your feet and working full days.
Wages based on an hourly rate:
- Under 18’s £5
- 18-20 £6.65
- 21-22 £8.45
- Over 23 £9
About the employer
We are a growing group of four pubs and a coffee shop who are all about brilliant beer, food trends, passion for coffee and the perfect atmosphere. Each site is full of its own individual character and still keep consistency through the brand. We are a fun, friendly and adventurous group who are constantly getting involved in the community and adapting our business to keep up with new trends.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Solihull College
Bryan Anderson 01789266245 email@example.com
Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Functional skills in English and maths if required
- Food Safety
- End point assessment
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.