Apprentice Business Administrator Gibson Lane Practice
The apprentice will provide support to the whole practice team providing general office duties and reception duties. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 14 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
28 Jun 2022
20 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The Apprentice is expected to provide support to the whole practice by supporting the rest of the Data Team and the Administration Team during times of high demand.
The Data Team forms part of the Administration Team of the practice. The post holder is expected to train to be able to cover in the absence of any/all of the other colleagues within the Administration Team, and to step in to cover this if necessary.
The Administration Team is expected to support their colleagues in the General Office Team as and when appropriate; this may include providing cover for Reception staff on an occasional basis.
- Receiving patients and visitors into the building in a positive and friendly manner.
- This may include patients consulting with members of Practice / wider Primary Care team within the practice premises or receiving and directing visitors who have attended for business meetings / training events
- Receiving parcels and post bags in line with agreed protocols for onward handling
- Handing out completed repeat prescriptions to patients or their representatives and checking names, medication and address whilst maintaining the security of prescriptions/ patient information
- Advising patients about the Online Repeat Prescriptions Ordering Service, as well as the standard paper prescriptions processes
- Understanding the turnaround times and the exceptional circumstances and how to action accordingly
- Promoting new services available at the practice. Check Patient I.d where necessary in line with new services security requirements and process applications where possible / seek help from colleagues where necessary
- Providing relevant leaflets to patients about the practice services that they might require and being able to explain more about each of the job roles of everyone within the practice team and attached staff team
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures or seek help from colleagues where appropriate
- Book new and follow-up appointments for patients in line with the agreed protocols
- Use the computer to indicate when a patient has arrived for their appointment or walked out and help and encourage patients to use the touch screen computer where workflows allow
- To help to ensure that signed prescriptions are ready for easy collection by the patient within 48 hours by filing in a precise manner and taking full details of any patients who want to add extra messages about prescriptions that they hand over
- Advise patients of the relevant financial charges and processes for private (non General Medical Services) services. Seek assistance when receiving cash or cheque payment
- To provide patients with access to the interview room when required, and to be on hand to provide support to patients using this room where required
- To ensure the dignity of patients waiting in the interview room by showing respect to their needs; including closing the blinds, offering tissues, sitting with patients if necessary/needed, and explaining the practice procedures as appropriate in the absence of a more senior member of staff
Requirements and prospects
- IT skills
- Good communication
- Interpersonal skills
- Work on own initiative or part of a team
- Hard working
- Maths and English good IT skills required with preferably qualification
- Possible permanent position at the end of the apprenticeship for right candidate
About the employer
Luminate Education Group
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leeds City College
Leeds City College firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- 16 Months Units of study
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Product and service knowledge
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
Team working Functional Skills qualifications:
- Level 1 Functional Skill in English Level 1 Functional Skill in maths
- Level 1 Functional Skill in ICT + Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.