We are looking for a hardworking, committed and enthusiastic Accountancy Apprentice to join Derby City Council on a 2 year contract with the opportunity to complete AAT Level 2 and 3. The apprentice will work in a busy office helping to provide accountancy and financial management support for the Council.
Derby City Council
Closing date: 06 Mar 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.55 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £6.95 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Mon-Fri 8.30 to 5
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
13 Mar 2017
20 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties will include:
- Maintaining office filing systems
- Helping to complete statutory grant returns for the service
- Carrying out accountancy and office administration tasks
- Assist in the reconciliation of records for revenue and balance sheet accounts
- Assisting as required in budget planning/preparation and monitoring
- Inputting entries into the electronic ledger
- Interrogation of financial systems
- Support and assist on payment runs
- Supporting other finance officers and accountants as necessary
Requirements and prospects
- Good numeracy skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- Good organisation skills
- Microsoft Office including Excel
- Able to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Able to show initiative
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Team player
- Committed to equalities
- A minimum of A to C grades including Maths and English or equivalent
Many of our previous apprentices have been since employed by the City Council in Accountancy.
About the employer
Derby City Council are a large employer within Derby City. We are responsible for providing local services and facilities. The elected councillors also represent you at local level. This is known as local government. Depending on where you live, the Council is responsible for services including; education, transport, planning, social care, libraries, waste management, housing, parks and leisure
- AAT Level 2 followed by AAT Level 3 on a 2 year contract.
- Day release to Babington College in Derby.
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Babington Business College
Masood Mohammadi 01332 345 450 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Mar 2017