Apprentice Medical Receptionist Teign Estuary Medical Group
We are looking for an Apprentice Medical Receptionist to join our friendly team at Teignmouth and Shaldon. The ideal candidate will be flexible, have excellent customer service skills and work well as part of a team.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
07 Jul 2022
14 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
To be responsible for undertaking a wide range of reception duties and the provision of general support to the Practice team.
Duties can include but are not limited to, greeting and directing patients, effective use of the appointment system, booking appointments, processing of information and assisting patients as required.
To act as the central point of contact for patients, the distribution of information, messages and enquiries for the clinical team, liaising with team members and external agencies such as secondary care and community service providers.
The following are the core responsibilities of the receptionist. There may be on occasion, a requirement to carry out other tasks; this will be dependent upon factors such as workload and staffing levels:
· Maintaining and monitoring the practice appointment system
· Process personal, telephone and e-requests for appointments
· Answer incoming phone calls, transferring calls or dealing with the callers request appropriately
· Signpost patients to the correct service
· Initiating contact with and responding to, requests from patients, team members and external agencies
· Read code data on SystmOne
· Photocopy documentation as required
· Data entry of new and temporary registrations and relevant patient information as required
· Input data into the patient’s healthcare records as necessary
· Direct requests for information i.e. SAR, insurance / solicitors letters and DVLA forms to the appropriate team members
· Manage all queries as necessary in an efficient manner
· Carry out system searches as requested
· Maintain a clean, tidy, effective working area at all times
· Monitor and maintain the reception area and notice boards
· Support all clinical staff with general tasks as requested
· Provide cover during staff absences
· Scanning of patient related documentation and attaching scanned documents to the patient’s healthcare records
· Complete opening and closing procedures as required
· Support in the management of repeat prescriptions, ensuring they are processed accurately and efficiently
Benefits of working for Teign Estuary Medical Group:
· Access to the NHS Pension Scheme with 20% employer contribution.
· Life assurance scheme via the NHS Pension scheme
· Dedication to staff development, educational opportunities and scope to progress.
· 4 Weeks annual leave, increasing to 5 weeks after 12 months service.
· Flexible working hours.
· Frequent social outings.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
The Practice has taken considerable steps to protect our teams during the COVID-19 pandemic in line with Government and NHS England guidance.
Requirements and prospects
- Be computer literate and able to learn new systems.
- Working knowledge of Windows and MS Office.
- Customer service / Receptionist experience is advantageous; however not essential, as full training will be given.
- Possess common sense.
- Have a flexible approach to working and be able to prioritise workloads.
- Always maintain confidentiality.
Have general education to at least GCSE standard or equivalent.
Possibility of permanent position depending on the candidate and availability.
About the employer
A busy Medical Centre with surgeries in Teignmouth and Shaldon.
SOUTH WEST ASSOCIATION OF TRAINING PROVIDERS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South West Association of Training Providers Limited
Will Moyles 01626770955
Level 3 Business Administrator Standard Apprenticeship
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.