IT Service Desk Technician Apprentice Reach2 Academy Trust
Are you keen to start your career in the IT sector? Then we have the apprenticeship opportunity for you! We are looking for a driven, customer focused and enthusiastic individual to join our team as an IT Service Desk Technician Apprentice and become part of the REAch2 family.
Closing date: 13 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
19 Dec 2021
13 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The Apprentice ICT Service Desk Technician shall be accountable to the Network Support Technician/Head of IT. The role is to acquire the skills, knowledge and technical ability to provide 1st Line Support (including, but not limited to, desktop, laptops, smartphones and tablets) via the Central Helpdesk system for all ICT queries across the REAch2 Schools and also the central team.
- The ability to independently interpret and analyse varied ICT issues or situations upon contact and to resolve or escalate as appropriate to 2nd/3rd line with the skill to investigate further through to resolution
- Receive and log incidents and service requests for support using the central helpdesk system. Resolve where a first-time fix is achievable and escalate to the relevant team member where necessary or liaise with 3rd party suppliers or contractors where appropriate
- To assist in investigating and overcoming simple technical problems and increase knowledge, skills and technical ability to become a proficient 1st line support technician by the end of the apprenticeship
- Following agreed procedures and under supervision, receive and handle incident or requests for information and provide routine advice to users on systems, products and services which are available to them
- Following agreed procedures and under supervision, receive and handle requests for technical support and provide information to enable problem resolution and promptly allocate unresolved calls as appropriate
- Under supervision, assists users to make more effective use of desktop systems, products and services, making initial diagnosis of problems and advising of known solutions where applicable
- Carry out routine monitoring, logging and reporting tasks, taking defined action on simple problems
- To acquire the skills, knowledge and technical ability to be able to confidently configure software, applications, hardware such as laptops, desktops, smartphones, peripherals and tablets
- Report unforeseen or exceptional events to Line Manager/Head of Service. Carry out and observe all associated administrative and clerical procedures
- Provide exceptional service support to the Trust
- Work to SLA thresholds for incident(s), request(s) and problem(s)
- Any other general administrative duties as directed by Line Manager/Head of Service
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- High level of communication/customer service skills
- A customer focused approach
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate with a range of users
- Driven and enthusiastic
- Passion for IT and tech
- Digital advocates
- Excellent punctuality and attendance
- Respectful of confidentiality
- A proactive approach to work
- High personal standards
- Seek support and advice when necessary
- A minimum of 5 A*-C/9-4 grade/lLevel 4 or above GCSEs or equivalent including English and maths
Opportunity to progress into full-time position upon completion.
Things to consider
- 28 days of annual leave entitlement (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Onsite parking
- Will require a basic knowledge of IT
About the employer
Founded in 2012, REAch2 Academy Trust is the largest primary-only academy trust in the country. We are a growing charitable organisation currently supporting circa 60 primary academies across England.
The Cornerstone of REAch2 is a solid, unshakeable foundation, defined by exceptional teaching experiences and shared Touchstone values of learning, leadership, enjoyment, inclusion, inspiration, responsibility and integrity.
These values are at the very core of the Trust, firmly embedded in all of our academies and embraced by our leaders, teachers, staff, parents and children alike.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Risual Ltd
Ranu Wilkes 01785 339055 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Information Communication Technician
- Training plan to be completed to determine appropriate Microsoft qualifications
- Portfolio for End Point Assessment
- 20% off the job training via live classroom teaching
- Microsoft Learn units
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.