Customer Service Apprentice (Level 2) KARUTA SPORTSWEAR LTD
Karuta Sportswear is looking for an enthusiastic Customer Service Apprentice to join their team. The ideal candidate should have an interest in design and sport. You will spend most of your week working in a customer service role – providing a high-quality service in the workplace, digitally, or in the customers’ localities.
Closing date: 10 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Apr 2022
04 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Whilst working for Karuta Sportswear, you will gain invaluable service skills in a customer-facing role. You need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of the company and customers.
This apprenticeship will deliver a training programme based on the following skills, knowledge and behaviours:
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting legislation requirements
- Systems and resources
- Product and service knowledge
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback and team working
Specific role requirements:
- Use illustrator in order to design sports kit
- Answer the phone to customers
- Complete basic admin duties
- Undertake post collection duties
- Quality control checks
- Complete customer print requests
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and telephone manner
- Good organisation skills
- Good IT skills – Adobe (Graphic design software)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professional in approach and conduct
- Good work ethic
- Interest in Art/Design
- Customer focused
GCSE Level 2 in Maths and English at grades 4/C or above (or equivalent)
Full time position offered for right candidate upon completion of apprenticeship
About the employer
Karuta Sportswear is Somerset’s very own sportswear brand based in Weston super Mare. Karuta is recognised nationally and is an award winning company specialising in bespoke sportswear in a range of different sports.
Where does the name Karuta come from? Well, it is a form of Japanese armour worn during the feudal era. Athletes in all disciplines and sports must wear kit to compete and when they do so they enter into battle against an opponent or team. At Karuta the garments that we produce are durable, just like armour, but also stylish enabling our athletes to be confident when competing.
Here at Karuta we use the latest materials and fabrics. We constantly communicate with experts on the latest technological advances in sportswear and also provide an in house design service so that you are able to personalise your ‘armour’ how you wish. We provide a full leisure, training and travel range for your club or team to compliment the ‘armour’ you wear whilst competing.
WESTON COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Weston College
Charlotte Denning 01934411594 Charlotte.Denning@weston.ac.uk
Intermediate Customer Service Apprenticeship Level 2 Standard:
- Attendance of 2 workshops a month for the first 6 months
- Assessor visits to the workplace once the workshops have finished to prepare you for your End Point Assessment
- If you have not already achieved a C/4 + in both maths and English (or equivalent) and cannot provide evidence in the form of a certificate, you will also need to achieve Functional skills at Level 2, in both Numeracy and Literacy. This will include sitting an exam
- You will be given 20% of your working week dedicated to your apprentice study, or Off the Job Training, to carry out self-supported study, compiling your portfolio or completing work set by your assessor
- End point assessment to achieve your final apprenticeship grade
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.