Patient Administrator Apprentice - L2 Customer Service LEEDS NEWMEDICA LIMITED
As an Administrator you would be responsible for ensuring that clinics are set up, that patient appointments are fully utilised and that appointment outcomes are recorded and filed. You will be managing the accuracy of all patient data including liaising with GP surgeries, clinics and patients and ensuring that Newmedica’s electronic patient record
Closing date: 24 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Aug 2022
05 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As a Patient Administrator you would be responsible for ensuring that clinics are set up, that patient appointments are fully utilised and that appointment outcomes are recorded and filed. You will be managing the accuracy of all patient data including liaising with GP surgeries, clinics and patients and ensuring that Newmedica’s electronic patient record is up to date. Clinic Administrators are also the central point of contact for all telephone queries from both patients and clinic staff.
Our administrator will have a friendly and accessible personal manner and be able to deliver an effective administrative service to the clinic. They will be able to work within small teams to maintain and enhance processes to maximise quality and efficiency. Newmedica has developed a strong relationship with the local CCG and the local Trust.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To book patient appointments, ensuring that clinics are fully booked
- To make reminder calls to patients before their appointment is due
- To liaise with GP surgeries to ensure that patient data is correct, to check patient demographics and treatment pathways and to answer any clinical questions which may arise
- Management of patient data; ensuring availability, required accuracy and confidentiality. Updating Newmedica’s electronic patient records and producing and providing letters to patients
- To record and file clinical outcomes in patient records
- To manage the data in Newmedica’s electronic patient records, adding, importing and archiving data to ensure that they are up to date
- To work closely with your Line Manager, Patient Services Coordinator, Receptionists and Clinic Assistants to ensure the smooth flow of patient information between the administration team and the clinic
- To act as the central point of contact for all telephone enquiries from patients and clinic staff, resolving or escalating issues as appropriate
- To act as a point of contact for all clinic-related administrative tasks, ensuring that templates are correct, and processes are followed
- To undertake other ad-hoc administrative tasks as required to ensure the smooth running of the clinics
- Maintaining a positive relationship with internal or external staff at every interaction
- Maintain a committed approach to continued professional development and clinical governance, including participating in appraisal process, clinical audits and research as required
Requirements and prospects
- Computer skills
- Administrative skills
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritise workload
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are desirable.
We would be interested in taking on the apprentice in a full-time role after the apprenticeship.
Competitive salary and great career progression opportunities.
Things to consider
Criminal records declaration:
Newmedica is exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and we will ask applicants to disclose details of convictions, irrespective of whether they are spent or not.
It is the responsibility of all Newmedica employees and contractors to fully comply with Newmedica’s safeguarding policies and procedures.
Individuals must ensure that they understand their role in protecting adults and children that may be at risk of abuse.
About the employer
Who are we?
Newmedica is one of the leading providers of NHS-funded ophthalmology services in England.
Our Purpose is to make a difference
Our Vision is a society where everyone can get access to free or affordable world class treatment for advanced eye conditions without any unnecessary delay or worry
Our Mission is to revolutionise the care and treatment for patients facing the prospect of sight loss by creating a new national network of specialist eye clinics that have a seamless link with all optometrists and GPs
We provide services for NHS CCGs, NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts, and other providers of NHS funded services. We deliver over 125,000 patient interactions annually, including outpatient appointments, diagnostic testing and eye surgery. Our services are delivered through a variety of models including Managed Services and Ophthalmology Joint Venture (OJV) Partnerships.
LEEDS NEWMEDICA LIMITED
Luminate Education Group
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leeds City College
Leeds City College 0113 2846464 email@example.com
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard.
Training to be delivered by Leeds City College.
Units of study
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Product and service knowledge
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
Functional Skills qualifications:
- Level 1 Functional Skill in English
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.