Payroll Apprentice SHAW TRUST LIMITED(THE)
Need a Payroll Apprentice to deliver excellent services from our Commercial Payroll team. Will be in a team of up to 20 staff supporting them to deliver accurate, efficient payroll and pensions transaction processing to schools and academies. A customer focused individual, confident to talk and deal with queries via telephone and email.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Nov 2021
01 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist the Commercial Payroll team with data processing on the iTrent payroll system accurately and efficiently
- Input new starters and other payroll changes as required by the Commercial Payroll team
- To assist on the schools payroll helpdesk, answering the telephone and responding to emails and Microsoft Teams messages in a professional manner
- Process user account resets and allocate customer queries to the relevant member of the team
- To assist in providing monthly reports to customers, to include costing reports, payroll reports and payment files
- To undertake other duties as required to support the Commercial Payroll team
- To undertake appropriate learning and development as identified through regular appraisals and reviews. Keep up to date with changes in regulations, enforcing adherence to these requirements and advising management of actions that need to be taken.
- To adhere to Shaw Trust policies, procedures and quality standards
To undertake any further training as identified in the Shaw Trust review procedures.
Ensure that safe working practices are followed in respect of COSHH and other Risk Assessment control measures.
Employees must comply with the provisions of ‘The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974’ and must take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts of omissions whilst at work. Employees are also required to co-operate with their employer to enable them to perform or comply with any statutory provisions. The Trust’s efforts to promote a safe and healthy working environment can only succeed with the full co-operation of its employees.
To understand, comply with and promote Shaw Trust’s safeguarding policy and procedures. It is the responsibility of all employees to make the working environment safe and secure for all. Everyone must adhere to the 5 Rs in relation to possible abuse: Recognition, Response, Reporting, Recording and Referral. The Trust can only ensure its dedication to the protection of vulnerable people with the full cooperation of its employees.
The Trust has a Diversity and Inclusion Policy and it is the responsibility of all staff to comply with this. The key responsibilities for staff under this Policy are set out in the Trust Code of Conduct.
- To maintain the confidentiality about clients, staff and other Trust business. The work is of a confidential nature and information gained must not be communicated to other persons except in the recognised course of duty. The post holder must meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times
- To maintain awareness of risk and to take personal responsibility for ensuring that the Trust is not unnecessarily exposed to risk. To report any issues or concerns relating to risk and the effectiveness of the Trust’s risk management arrangements
- Be aware of, promote and implement Shaw Trust’s Risk, Quality and Information Security Management Systems
- To report to line manager, or other appropriate person, in the event of awareness of bad practice
- Recycle and manage energy within your environment in line with Shaw Trust’s Strategic aim to adopt green approaches and become carbon neutral
- This job description is intended to provide a broad outline of the main duties and responsibilities only. The post holder will need to be flexible in developing the role in conjunction with the line manager. The post holder may be asked to carry out any other delegated duty or task that is in line with their post
Requirements and prospects
- Willingness to work towards relevant apprenticeship programme/qualification
- Previous experience of working in an office environment
- Good IT skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office software including databases and excel
- Good verbal and written skills
- Demonstrable experience of providing excellent customer service skills
- Good time keeper
- Ability to take a problem solving approach to work tasks
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently when required
- An interest in working in a customer service environment
- Ability to work with accuracy within deadlines
- Confident and organised
- Professional and well-presented
- Good communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to follow instructions
GCSE Maths and English C/4 or above
There is a pathway for career progression from apprentice to Payroll Administrator, to Senior Payroll Administrator, Team Leader and Payroll Manager. As we are a growing business, there are new opportunities all the time and should provide exciting career prospects.
Things to consider
25 days annual leave rising with length of service
Occupational sick pay rising to 3 months’ full pay and 3 months’ half pay after 5 years’ service
Employee Assistance Programme
Auto-enrolment pension scheme
Interviews are planned to start 25/10/21
About the employer
At Shaw Trust we believe everyone has the right to live a decent and dignified life and an opportunity for rewarding work. We are a social purpose organisation challenging inequality and breaking down barriers to enable social mobility.
Having grown from humble beginnings in 1982 in the village of Shaw in Wiltshire, finding jobs for disabled people, today we are a complex and diverse charity committed to employment as the core pathway to a better life. For us being part of the solution is about creating the conditions for this to happen, advocating and delivering services that make a real difference. Working in partnership not competition, we are part of an eco-system of purpose-led organisations, striving for a fairer, more equal society centred on opportunity for all.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Mbkb Ltd
Nicki Bevan +447494596865 email@example.com
Level 3 Payroll Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
A 100% tailored training and assessment program will be delivered to support you throughout your Apprenticeship, topics covered include:
- Legislative framework surrounding payroll, employment and pensions
- Different types of workers, pay, statutory payments and deductions (PAYE and NI calculations)
- Real Time Information (RTI)
- Benefits in Kind
- Year end obligations
- Understanding of the HR function
- Understanding of the processes, systems and tools used in the role
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.