HGV Driver Apprentice Riva (T/u Pomroy & Hine Ltd)
Rivar Sand & Gravel are a well established company with 3 depots in the Thames Valley who have been selling Aggregates and Building Materials for well over 20 years. Based in our busy Newbury depot this is an excellent opportunity for someone to train as an L2 driver of goods vehicle delivering landscaping and building materials.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 42.50
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
19 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful candidate will be taken on as an apprentice and given full training over a minimum of a 12 month period to eventually become a driver of goods vehicle L2.
Based in our Newbury depot the role involves undertaking deliveries of landscaping and aggregate materials in the local area. You may also be required to help the team serve customers in the yard and pick orders ready for delivery whilst not driving.
The successful candidate will receive additional training in the use of crane offloading equipment and possibly Forklift Machinery.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Operating both Tipper aggregate lorries and crane vehicles.
· Load or assist loading vehicle, where applicable
· Ensure high levels of customer service is achieved
· Comply with Road Traffic and Transport Legislation and Working Time Regulations
· Be responsible for checking load accuracy and safety
· Regularly check vehicle(s) and equipment is up to standard
· Keep vehicle to a clean and presentable level
This position has the potential for continued full time employment as an additional driver.
Requirements and prospects
Passed required driving and medical conditions.
- Physically active
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Enjoys working outside
- Hard working
- Comfortable customer facing as a representative of the company
- Team player
- Able to work to deadlines
GCSE's grade C or above in English and Maths (or equivalent qualifications).
A full driving licence.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Driving Goods Vehicles
- Functional Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Driving Goods Vehicles
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Reading College
Ciera Kent 01865 551881 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017