Service Desk Apprentice OASIS COMMUNITY LEARNING
To provide 1st Line hardware and software support, incident management, call logging, asset management, general IT administrative and other IT facility services as part of a Service Desk within the IT Services Department.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
10 Feb 2022
29 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- To respond and resolve requests for IT support in line with the IT departments SLA agreement
- To ensure that all work is carried out in line with Oasis IT policies and procedures
- Perform daily checking tasks that are specified for the different shift patterns
- First point of contact for customers, via telephone, walks ins etc
- First point of response to phone alert for service incident breaches
- To provide first line service desk support to external customers, assisting them with hardware and software problems via the phone, email or by fax
- To initially provide as much 1st line support over the phone or at the point of desk that your experience will allow, gathering all relevant information before escalating
- Escalate calls where needed to a more experienced 1st line support person or the 2nd line support team
- Logging calls with 3rd party vendors and liaising with suppliers
- Management of own incident call queue (i.e. call routing, call updating, and call resolution) using OCMS call manager system, in line with the set SLA and KPi targets
- Administration of User accounts, reset passwords, assign permissions and manage group policies using Active Directory
- Administration of the Cisco Telephony system currently Cisco Call Manager and Zeacom
- Managing Email Accounts through Exchange Management
- Supporting users in the Oasis Centre and the Academies, and troubleshooting PC’s and laptops using Windows 10, and MS Office 365 applications
- Supporting users face to face and over the phone using remote access tools
- Visiting Academies in order to provide technical support and ad hoc project tasks
- Installing software, configuring PC's and laptops, and basic troubleshooting.
- Patching in users to the network and telephone system
- Producing new technical documentation, and making changes to existing documentation
- Creating and imaging laptops and PCs using WDS (Windows Deployment Services) with the latest company image of technologies such as Windows 10 and Office365
- Creating and updating assets into the asset management database
- Creating VLAN’s within the Oasis Group on networking equipment
- Configuring mobile equipment such as ipads, iPhones and HTC’s to the Exchange Server
- To monitor the call queue and ensure that calls are updated by yourself or by other technicians in a timely manner and also to notify technician’s and/or managers if they are not
- Basic printer maintenance
- Troubleshooting hardware such as printers, scanners, laptops and PC’s
- To complete additional ad hoc tasks as and when required
- To keep the working area clean & tidy at all times
- Work with the IT Contracts and Finance Manager on projects and tasks as and when required
- Inputting current inventory into the system using Asset Management
- Backup for Monitor the call queue and ensure that calls are updated all technicians
- Monitoring 1st Line Support Call queue (SDM)
- Backup for Monitoring of Response Times on Incidents (SDM)
- Backup for Monitoring of Fix Times on Incidents (SDM)
- Dealing with URL Web Filtering requests
- Dealing with Change Requests
- Loan Equipment Requests
- Laptop/Projector Requests
Requirements and prospects
- Tech Savvy
- Problem solver
- Excellent proficiency of English
- Good methodical approach to problems
- A genuine passion to learn and develop skills in Networking
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to conduct yourself professionally in front of customers
- GCSE or equivalent in maths and English at C/4 grade or Level 2 Functional Skills
- Full-time employment if position is available
Things to consider
Vacancy may close early for the right candidate
About the employer
We were established in 2004 with a vision to create "Exceptional Education at the Heart of the Community" and have since grown into a family of 52 academies.
We currently serve over 28,000 young people, 49% of whom are from disadvantaged backgrounds and 31% speak English as an additional language.
We are determined to raise the educational bar for all our students and to close the educational gap that exists between disadvantaged students and their more privileged counterparts.
Our academies are in five main regions of England, providing either primary, secondary, all-through education or special education.
Our strong ethos is integral to our educational provision – it is an expression of our character, a statement of who we are and therefore the lens through which we assess all that we do.
We are committed to a model of:
Inclusion, equality, healthy relationships, hope and perseverance and this permeates all aspects of the life and culture of each Academy and the organisation as a whole.
We operate as a family of academies in all our regions. We believe in community and aspire to build a community hub within which each academy or family of academies sits. Our Hub teams facilitate access to a range of services such as adult learning schemes, healthy living advice and activities, sports facilities and out-of-hours youth activities.
Each academy also benefits from being part of a Regional Improvement Network and academies work closely their regional Oasis colleagues to share best practice and drive improvement.
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
Nina 07724847420 firstname.lastname@example.org
- IT Solution Technician Level 3
- Functional skills if needed
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.