Apprentice Early Years Practitioner - Channings Childcare Nursery, Werneth, OL8 4LH - ref,CB039 Channing Childcare Ltd
This apprenticeship is a great way to achieve your Level 2 Childcare qualification whilst gaining fantastic work experience. During this apprenticeship, you will complete a variety of tasks with guidance from the qualified staff. If you have experience working with children before, apply now!
Closing date: 22 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
25 Jan 2022
30 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Responsibilities will include:
- To implement and promote all policies and the Staff Rules
- To understand children's development, their needs, and the provision of positive play
- To demonstrate a genuine care for children
- To care for and supervise the group of children assigned to them
- To always ensure their safety
- To take an interest in the children and their families, to always treat them as individuals and with respect
- To create an interesting and stimulating environment for the child to develop all their skills
- To always provide a warm and caring environment for babies and to be as consistent as possible regarding that environment
- To provide support for any children with special needs and to liaise with senior members of staff to promote their welfare and development
- To ensure positive management of children’s behaviour
- To carry out housekeeping duties as appropriate
- To ensure the ethos, implementation, and legal requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- To support a commitment to the theory and practice of equal opportunities
Requirements and prospects
- Experience working with children including babysitting
- Good communication skills
- Work well within a team
- Great personality
- Good manners
- Able to use own initiative
- Team player
- Motivated and eager to learn new skills
- Able to take direction
- Relevant skills for working with groups of children aged
- Passion for childcare
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent).
For the successful candidate there may be further progression and employment.
About the employer
Before opening as our third Channings nursery in 1999, Channings Werneth was known as Westlands Cottage. It was originally built as the servants’ quarters and stable block for the estate of Oldham’s highly regarded Lees family. Part of the playground still makes use of the original cobbles.
Werneth is a very well-integrated community. We have children and staff from a wide range of ethnicities and backgrounds; together we acknowledge many religious and cultural celebrations.
This nursery occupies an excellent location, situated on high ground overlooking the main Manchester to Oldham route. It is also two-minute drive from exit 22 of the M60. Despite its easy access to the main arterial road system, Channings Werneth is a haven of tranquillity, looking out over Oldham from its quiet cul-de-sac position.
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eden Training Solutions
Caitlyn Blakeway 01709889868 email@example.com
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2
- Functional Skills
- ERR - Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- PLTS - Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.