IT Apprentice Michael Lewin Solicitors Limited
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity with Michael Lewin Solicitors in Leeds. Founded in March 2001 Michael Lewin Solicitors has quickly grown from a small local practice to a medium sized national firm offering a wide variety of specialist legal services to individuals and businesses. The company is now looking for an IT apprentice.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
19 Jan 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Some duties and responsibilities you will carry out in this role include:
- You will be the onsite support for Jamie at Everon
- You will be the first point of contact for all Michael Lewin Solicitor’s employees in regards to the IT system.
- You will liaise with Everon Support to ensure problems are completed successfully
- You will log all problems as tickets on the help desk system and escalate to Everon if required
- You will be responsible for reporting issues to the photocopier companies and maintaining the users on each photocopier
- You will be responsible for creating and maintaining system users and profiles with assistance from Everon and Proclaim and Freedom the phone system provider
- You will be able to manage email distribution groups and email forwarding
- Be able to assist with Microsoft office issues and Outlook Exchange setup
- You will be responsible for creating and maintaining system users and profiles on Proclaim
- You will also be responsible for creating, amending and maintaining all correspondence on the Proclaim system
- You will be responsible for moving hardware to new locations and be able to use the comms cabinet to ensure devices are patched into the correct networks
Requirements and prospects
- Basic understanding of Internet and networking
- Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of Windows and OSX
- Basic knowledge of audio and visual equipment
- Logical, common sense thinking
- Problem solver
- Ability to juggle and prioritise a varied and changing workload
- Great communicator both written and verbal
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s Grade C+ (including Maths)
- Computing related college qualification (if appropriate)
- A-Levels (Computing, Maths, Business Studies - if appropriate)
About the employer
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt
Learners will receive seven weeks of intensive training over the space of a year. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional
- Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
Estio training also offer the following optional units:
- Microsoft MTA - Networking Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA – Windows Devices & Mobility Fundamentals
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Server+
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Luke Metcalf 01133 500 333 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017