Hospitality Apprentice - Front of House Travellers Rest
As a Hospitality Apprentice you will work within our front of house team to ensure the best services are offered to our customers. Throughout your role will work towards a hospitality qualification specialising in the food and beverage sector.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
22 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties include but are not subjected to;
- Assist with serving customers and taking orders
- Dealing with customer enquiries, comments and complaints
- Handling payments and transactions
- Assisting with cleaning schedules
- Promote a friendly working environment
- Complying with legal requirements and health and safety
- Maintain a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and training sessions.
During your apprenticeship you will cover topics such as;
- Customers profiles and expectations
- Business vision and values
- Personal discipline in approach to work
- The use of technology
- Legislative responsibilities
- Team work and methods of communication
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Good attention to detail
Good work ethic, friendly, the ability to work well in a team.
No GCSEs required however, you must have the ability to achieve Maths/English L1 functional skills as indicated in the BKSB assessment
Progression to the level 3 apprenticeship depending on the candidate.
Things to consider
In order to progress your application, we will require you to complete additional paperwork and complete a BKSB assessment. The information will be sent via email if you meet the entry requirements set by the employer and linked training provider for the vacancy. Please check your junk mail whilst the vacancy is open.
Until we receive the above, we are unable to progress your application so please monitor your emails.
For more information on the NMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We pride ourselves on catering for all our customers’ needs in a warm and friendly environment.
We have relaunched with a completely new menu, focusing on local suppliers and fresh, seasonal produce. We will be providing delicious menus, and themed food evenings – a place to come to for hearty pub food.
Our whole team are proud to work here with us and look to provide guests with great food and a great experience every single time you visit.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Runshaw College
Kirsty Gregory Gregory.email@example.com
You will be working towards the following qualification/standard:
Hospitality Team Member – Level 2
- Main learning objectives: Customer profiles and expectations, teamwork and methods of communication, business vision and values, personal discipline in approach to work, legislative responsibilities, the use of technology.
- Functional Skills – if required.
- EPA (End Point Assessment) – Towards the final few months of the apprenticeship you will complete your End Point Assessment. This includes an ‘On demand test’, practical observation, a business project, a professional discussion.
This Apprenticeship is completed within the workplace. You will be assessed through written work, verbal discussion and observation throughout your training. You will be given time by your employer to complete portfolio work, attend training, workplace shadowing and any other opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge.
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.