Business Administration & Parts Apprentice Team Valley Landrover Service Centre
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to join the team at a fantastic company providing approved Land Rover aftercare. The main purpose of the Parts Trainee is to enthusiastically work alongside and under the immediate supervision of an experienced Parts Manager.
Closing date: 24 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
07 Feb 2022
21 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Reporting to the Parts Manager the successful candidate will perform the following:
Accurately Identify Customer Parts Requirements:
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of new or updated parts, and ensure parts bulletins, lists and catalogues are read and stored
- Remain aware of seasonal requirements and of parts needed in the event of a recall or special offer in the Parts Department
- Attend training courses and pass post course evaluations to develop job-related knowledge
- Liaise with line manager to monitor lost sales for inventory control
- Work in a co-operative manner with warranty processes for the accurate storage and retrieval of warranty and goodwill parts, ensuring they are stored in the proscribed manner in the and retrieved in the proscribed manner to ensure warranty parts are returned as required by the Manufacturer
Maintain Parts Stock and Stock Records:
- Ensure all stock is kept securely and in good condition
- Maintain stock control and guard against any unauthorised removal of parts stock
- Ensure all incoming deliveries are checked and placed in the correct bins and any discrepancies reported to the line manager
- Ensure that a receipt, payment or authorised signature is obtained for all parts stock issued
- Assist line manager in all aspects of stocktaking and stock management
Process Parts Orders Efficiently:
- Ensure all paperwork, documentation and parts requisitions are completed accurately.
- Ensure all credit sales transactions are to an authorised signatory or approved account, and cash and cheque payments are received and stored securely
- Place special orders as necessary, balancing the needs of economy and speed of delivery according to line manager guidelines
- Source the availability of additional parts from the retailer
- Search for part numbers using the Microcat and other required systems, Manufacturer or otherwise
Ensure the Highest Level of Customer Satisfaction:
- Satisfy customer requirements by identifying parts accurately.
- Answer customer queries regarding parts warranties in a manner that is easily understood.
- Receive customers promptly and courteously.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with customers by meeting and exceeding their expectations
Contribute to Departmental Compliance with Company Policies, Manufacturer Agreements and Industry Guidelines:
- Ensure the department is kept clean and tidy
- Ensure the correct recycling of all disposed and damaged items in line with environmental regulations
- Adhere to all Health and Safety and Company policies and procedures
- Ensure that procedures appertaining to recycling/exchange units are adhered to.
- To proactively and successfully participate in Brand training
- Additional responsibilities, which are not mentioned in the job role, may also be carried out
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Good work ethic
- Positive approach to work tasks
- Enthusiasm towards learning the role
- English, maths & IT (Grade A* - C or 9-4) or equivalent
- Possibility of full time employment on succesful completion of apprenticeship
About the employer
Team Valley Land Rover Service Centre is part of the official Land Rover UK Aftersales Network. It specialises in manufacturer approved servicing, fault diagnosis, new and used vehicle warranty work (including submissions to Land Rover), mechanical repairs and warranty, parts and accessories for the full range of Land Rovers.
Team Valley Landrover Service Centre
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gateshead College
Emily Jefferson firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will work towards a Level 3 Business Administrator standard with Gateshead College and functional skills maths, English and IT, if required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.