Business Administrator Apprentice JOHN W.LAYCOCK.LIMITED
We are looking to appoint an apprenticeship role into the business offering personal development and experience to the mutual benefit of the apprentice and the company. This important and exciting role is key to the aspirations of the business as it continues to develop and grow.
Closing date: 15 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 42.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
22 Nov 2021
30 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Responsibilities will include:
- Customer Service – direct interaction with customers in person, over the telephone and via electronic communication channels – answering queries, taking payments etc.
- Sales Support – provide direct support and assistance to the sales team – including order/quotation processing, presentation of sales-related information to customers, researching queries as required
- Purchasing Support – provide direct support and assistance to the purchasing team including order/quotation processing and maintaining log of incoming steel as required
- Marketing Support – providing support to the Marketing Manager in social media engagement, website information & promotional activities
- Data entry – accurate and efficient data entry on a daily basis including stock details, sales order processing, purchasing information and financial data
- Project Management Support – various internal and external projects running simultaneously requiring support in research
Requirements and prospects
- Knowledge of multiple IT packages
- Developing interpersonal skills
You will need to be:
- A pro-active approach to learning and personal development is essential – we need people who want to learn
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Confident to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment – adaptability is key to success
- Customer facing role requiring a good level of personal presentation and communication
- Making decisions that your role requires
- Communicating effectively
- Ensuring quality and continuous improvement
- Planning and organisation
- Managing projects
- Able to record and produce documents
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English (or equivalent).
Potential full-time employment upon completion of the apprenticeship
About the employer
Established in 1810, John W. Laycock Ltd is one of the longest established firms in Keighley and one of the oldest steel service providers registered with the National Association of Steel Service Centres in the UK.
Throughout its long history the company has thrived on outstanding customer service, absolute integrity, and strong teamwork. It remains a family-run business, proud of its heritage and committed to providing a first-class service to its customers.
LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leeds City College
Saffron Khan 01535 685118 firstname.lastname@example.org
We will coach and develop the apprentice in their job role and support them in gathering the required evidence for the apprenticeship standard. We will carry out both curriculum and pastoral care. We will carry out the skills development workshop days on day release at college.
We will oversee the teaching and learning around the knowledge, behaviours, and skills elements of the qualifications, outlined below. We will manage the apprentice’s OneFile account ensuring targets, milestones and deadlines are achieved.
Mode of delivery: Training, observations and assessments carried out in the workplace. An assessor will visit the place of work every 6-8 weeks.
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard.
- Support and engage with different parts of the organisation
- Interacting with internal or external customers
- Supporting functional areas
- Working across teams
- Resolving issues as requested
Personal and People Development:
- Working on your own as well as part of a team, seeking help and guidance when you are not sure
Health, Safety and Security:
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment
- Adhering to legislations appropriate to the industry
Equality and Diversity:
- Follow the principles of equality, diversity, and inclusion
Functional Skills Qualifications:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.