Business Support Administration Apprentice (Logistics) Dsv Road Holding Ltd
Are you looking to earn whilst you learn? Does supporting colleagues in one of the worlds most successful logistics companies sound like a role that would interest you? then we would like to hear from you. You will learn how to move goods (freight) across the world, along with many other professional customer service/office skills.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
31 Jan 2022
16 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Main purpose of the job:
To meet customer requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo effectively and in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health & Safety to the satisfaction of clients and the profit of the company.
- Chasing customers for Power of Attorney in order to complete Customs Procedures on Customer behalf
- Support DSV Customs department with missing/incorrect information
- Checking customs invoices to ensure they contain mandatory information
- Sending documents to Customs department
- Basic updating of TMS system pertaining to customs requirements
- Timely and effective communication with Customers, partners and internal departments via email and telephone
- Liaise with operations and overseas offices to ensure customer commitments are delivered upon
- Effective monitoring to ensure deliveries are completed within the agreed timelines
- Pro-active problem solving with customers and colleagues when issues arise
- Ensure consignments are rated correctly in order to invoice in an accurate and timely manner
- Provision of PODs to meet customer requirements where necessary
- Provide KPI and reports both externally and internally where necessary
- Resolve credit management queries where necessary
- General day to day administrative duties
Requirements and prospects
- Good analytical skills and interpersonal skills; Not afraid of cold calling customer over the phone
- A positive attitude and an appreciation of professional selling
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Good verbal, written communication and listening skills
- Must have good attention for detail
- Enjoy working in a target-driven team environment
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Willing to learn and an enthusiasm for taking responsibility for own activity, and wanting to be involved (independently and in teams) to in create results in a busy and ever changing organisation
- Have a polite, friendly and persuasive telephone manner
- Show passion in delivering high quality work for other members of the team
- Tenacious, and good at multi-tasking; self-motivated and able to use your own initiative
- Be self-motivated with drive and initiative
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads to meet set deadlines
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, be welcoming and customer focused
- Confident, polite and friendly
- A reliable & punctual & team player
- Must have good levels of maths and English (ideally at least grade 4/C (or equivalent)
- Must meet initial assessments conducted by the training provider
- This is an entry-level role which provides the foundation knowledge skills & experience for progression into a number of career paths within the organisation/ sales and marketing team. You will be a part of a strong performance driven team of colleagues
Things to consider
The DSV Tamworth site will be re-locating towards the end of next year (2021) to a new facility located in Swadlincote DE (post code) 5 miles south-east of Burton upon Trent and north-west of Ashby-de-la-Zouch - please ensure you are able to travel to the relocation site upon application
Please note you may be asked to complete suitability assessments as part of the recruitment process.
Apprentice Employment Agency is acting as an Apprentice Training Agency (ATA) and will engage you for the duration of the Apprenticeship and pay your salary. You should be aware that the company/business named in this vacancy is a host employer and you will not be employed by them. Your placement may change during the course of your Apprenticeship.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Once you have applied for this vacancy, you will be contacted to arrange a 5-minute pre-screen telephone call. Please ensure you check your phone/emails regularly in order for this to take place. Failure to contact us back if correspondence is missed will result in your application being deemed unsuccessful.
Please ensure you check your application for spelling / grammar errors and correct them prior to submitting as attention to detail is very important and may affect the outcome of your application.
Your application may be shared with training providers and employers as follows: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/privacy
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 45,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer services and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have the drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
NICHOLAS ASSOCIATES GROUP LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nicholas Associates
Georgia Marlow 07540 716 312 email@example.com
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills if required
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.