Operations Assistant - Hospitality Level 3 Apprenticeship Cavendish Conference Centre
We are seeking for an Operations Assistant to join our passionate and dedicated team. This is a key role in ensuring that the Venues deliver excellent and engaging service throughout.
Closing date: 25 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Jan 2022
16 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The venue assistant position is absolutely key to all that we do, you will be at the heart of the operation. As a relatively small company we can give the candidate exposure to virtually all aspects of our operation, this in turn is invaluable experience for whatever your next steps may be.
Key tasks will include:
- First point of contact for clients and customers arriving at the venue
- Meet and greet and assist with meetings and events on site
- Help with setting up meeting rooms
- Produce and place event directional signage
- Looking after communal areas, making sure they are well maintained and presentable at all times
- Answering and redirecting incoming calls
- Supervising the operations of events and dealing with incidents and queries
- Liaising with catering staff & AV staff to ensure client expectations are realised
Requirements and prospects
The successful candidate will be a team player, enjoy interacting with visitors and have a positive outlook. In this role you will work with on-site team and the venue manager to help ensure all events at the venue run to plan and clients are well looked after.
Here at Cavendish Venues we pride ourselves on outstanding customer service, you will be an integral part of it.
This role requires you to build strong working relationships with all members of the events department and relevant support departments. We are looking for an enthusiastic, confident and organised individual who enjoys interacting with people. Full training will be provided.
We would expect the candidate to have at least basic Word and PPT skills, excellent communication and grammatical skills.
- Team player
- Enjoys working with people
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Basic computer skills especially in Word and Powerpoint
A career in the Hospitality Industry.
Things to consider
Though of our work is weekdays, there will be an occasional requirement to work weekends, early starts etc.
About the employer
Cavendish Conference Venues are a group of 5 London meeting and conference venues. We offer a full range of facilities to our clients, predominantly this means; meeting rooms, full-service catering (ranging from a working lunch to a formal sit-down dinner) and audio visual facilities, this in turn ranges between a video conference to a full production set.
The vast majority of our clients are businesses, as opposed to private bookings ie weddings etc. Particularly medical and healthcare related business events. We are proud of the fact we have been trading successfully now for 25 years. Customer service is key to our success. The people who work here are by far and away the most important aspect of our business. Many of the staff who started with us 25 years ago are still here. Overall, our staff turnover is far lower than the industry average. This in turn is reflected in our client base, in 2019 some 86% of our business came from returning clients.
Cavendish Conference Centre
BROMLEY COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
Luke Burton +447825417938 email@example.com
Training Provider: BROMLEY COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
On programme Training:
- Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English
- Institute of Apprenticeship Certificate
- On-demand test
- Culinary challenge observation
- Business project
- Professional discussion
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.