Apprentice Housing Assistant Hellens Residential Limited
The Apprentice Housing Assistant will support the delivery of their high-quality housing management service. The apprentice will work closely alongside in-house support teams and key stakeholders to ensure that Hellens provides a sensitive and responsive service to tenants.
Closing date: 23 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
31 Jan 2022
15 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
In this role you will work with management to ensure that they comply with legislation and good practice in providing housing for vulnerable people.
Key duties are not limited to but will include:
- Work towards being the first point of contact for stand tenancy enquiries
- To receive visitors and provide a telephone service that promotes a professional image of Hellens
- To provide administrative support to neighbourhood services team members.
- Assist with the management of anti‐social behaviour, tenancy management
- Carry out home visits and viewings of properties
- Assist with the ordering and control of office supplies
- To input data and update computer systems as required
- Work with colleagues to provide excellent customer service
- To assist tenants in using their online accounts, particularly rent balances
- Assist in the marketing of homes for sale and rent
Due to the small nature of the company the role will offer more autonomy and variety than comparable positions, alongside a stimulating and challenging work environment.
Requirements and prospects
- A good telephone manner
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- Good level of written English
- Good organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good IT skills
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Must be dressed tidily and appropriately to visit site and customers, and wear branded workwear where applicable
- Must be willing to travel (often alone) around the north of England
- Health and Safety aware
- GCSE maths and English A*-C/9-4 or equivalent
- Must hold a full driving licence with access to own transport due to travelling between sites during the workday
An opportunity for a full time position at the end of the apprenticeship
About the employer
Hellens Residential is a privately owned company providing affordable homes across the North of England. We develop our own new build houses, flats and bungalows which are made available for affordable rent, and other intermediate housing options such as shared ownership and rent to buy.
- To develop sustainable, affordable communities
- To provide high-quality homes
- To improve people’s choice for homes and tenures
- Give excellent customer service
- Help improve the lives of our customers by creating a comfortable and secure environment to live in.
We are regulated by the Regulator for Social Housing as a Registered Provider of Affordable Homes.
STOCKTON RIVERSIDE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Stockton Riverside College
Anna Harper 07436 795883 Anna.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Customer Service Apprenticeship standard
- Functional Skills maths and English, if required
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.