Production Chef Apprentice SLIM AND JAY LTD
We need an all around superstar who can work as part of a team in time-bound and often challenging kitchen environment. No cooking skills required, just the ability to work with centrally developed standardised recipes and menus, producing fast food often in high volumes.
Closing date: 30 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
07 Feb 2022
14 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The main purpose of the role is hybrid between a kitchen and occasional exposure to being front of house and also dealing with customers. There are no cooking skills required per say, just the ability to prepare and fry goods to support the chef whilst also dealing with the front of house.
- Preparing, cook and serving food items in line with orders and menu requirements
- Adapting dishes to suit dietary requirements/customer requests
- Complete production schedules
- Cleaning of work areas and equipment
- Set up and close down of work areas/sections
- Maintaining health and safety in the work area
- Maintaining food safety in all aspects of job role
- Maintaining workplace records
- Correct use of stock and equipment
- Receive deliveries and maintain stock rotation
- Meeting, communication with and serving customers, offering a great customer experience
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good listening skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good timekeeping and time management
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Knife skills to ensure safety
- Time-planning and ability to meet deadlines
- Keen interest of food
- Positive attitude
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to use own initiative but know when to seek guidance
- Motivated & willing to accept responsibility
- Keen to progress
- Willing to learn
- Excellent personal hygiene and presentation
- Actively support equality and diversity
Desirable, but not essential:
- GCSE or equivalent in English Language and mathematics at grade 9 to 4 (A*- C)
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to apply for any appropriate vacancy available at that time. It is our firm commitment to offer a permanent position wherever possible upon completion of your level 2 with the potential to progress to your level 3 qualification.
Things to consider
The working week will consist of 30 hours over 7 days, planned by the manager on a weekly rota. Evening and weekend work will be required to meet business patterns. Dependent on business needs, you may be offered more hours from time to time.
All training will be delivered in the workplace by both the employer and a hospitality assessor. Throughout the apprenticeship process i.e. teaching, learning and assessment, you will be fully prepared to complete an End Point Assessment where you will be assessed through a combination of testing in controlled conditions, including an on line knowledge test, workplace observation and a verbal question and answer session, all carried out by City and Guilds.
Uniform is provided.
EPA requirements are L1 Functional maths, L1 Functional English and EPA cannot proceed until these elements are complete.
Interviews will be on-going and the vacancy will be withdrawn early if a suitable candidate is appointed. Please therefore complete your application as soon as possible.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Chop & Wok are a Pan-Asian, wok-based takeaway who specialise in fresh Asian fused foods with influences from Chinese, Thai, Malay, Japanese and Indian flavours. The first Chop and Wok opened in Birmingham, but the brand is rapidly expanding in the West Midlands area to meet customer demand for its innovative menu and concept dining experience.
This vacancy is for the Wolverhampton branch.
All the dishes are produced from the freshest ingredients in a live ‘food theatre’ concept. The ‘Chop’ menu allows the diner to choose from a range of juicy wraps and crunchy salads. The ‘Wok’ menu allows the diner to choose from a range of mouth-watering wok-based noodle and rice stir fries.
The choices of ingredients are made through the simple 1,2,3 steps. The diversity of different dishes runs into the thousands! There is also a separate selection of tasty sides and super healthy choices including low calorie and oil free options.
Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
The Apprenticeship Hub 01785275661 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Production Chef standard
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English & maths (where applicable). If the apprentice does not have a GCSE (or equivalent) exemption of Grade 4/C or above, there is a requirement to attend College and achieve L1 English and maths
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.