Customer Service Apprentice (Car Parts/Paint Assistant) P B AUTO FACTORS LIMITED
This busy car parts/paint retailer is looking to offer an apprenticeship position. We are looking for someone who is friendly, interested in what we do and most of all takes pride in all that they do.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Feb 2022
14 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This is a busy parts/paint store for automotives, located in Sutton in Ashfield and open 6 days a week, serving trade and DIY customers. We get deliveries almost every day that need sorting and storing in the correct locations. We also need the displays and shelves in the store to be filled regularly. Whilst this may not seem like a very rewarding task, it’s a great help in learning what stock the store sells and what it is used for. Stock rotation and general housekeeping would be included in this part of the role.
Duties will include:
- When you are comfortable, you’ll begin to deal with customer enquiries. This might be telephone or on a face to face basis. As time passes, you’ll be able to answer more and more questions about the stock you hold and the services you are able to provide
- Again, when you are comfortable and suitably trained you will start to liaise with customer orders. Again, these might be by telephone or face to face. It’s important that you have attention to detail so that orders are taken correctly and put through the order system effectively. You will receive full training on stock ordering systems
- When customers come into the store, they may be looking for help/advice or may have a specific request. Again, you will liaise with customers with regards to their needs and take payments accordingly
- Paint orders are an ever day part of the store services and whilst this is a computerised task, you do need to take care and have an eye for detail whilst mixing paints so that you minimise the risk of errors or wastage. You will be fully trained on using the paint mixing facilities
As your knowledge and confidence grows within the role, you will be able to get involved in many more aspects of the business.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with West Notts College as part of the screening process.
The employer reserves the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the published closing date.
Requirements and prospects
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Confidence with meeting/speaking to new people and conversing with ease
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Genuine interest in the sector
- Smart professional appearance
GCSE Grades A* to C or equivalent are desirable, specifically maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 9 - grade 4.
West Notts College has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment.
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance
- Every applicant must attend a West Notts College Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work
- You must work with your specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled
About the employer
A busy family run business in Sutton in Ashfield with a vast amount of loyal clients. A parts and accessories store which is busy all year round.
P B AUTO FACTORS LIMITED
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Laura Brown 01623 627 191 email@example.com
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Standard.
Including maths and English Functional Skills if required.
You will be assigned to a workplace assessor who will visit you and conduct your learning on a one to one basis. You will complete assignments, projects and evidence generation activities as part of your apprenticeship.
You will collate all learning evidence in your e-portfolio - OneFile.
At the end of the pre-determined learning period - you, your employer and your training provider will agree that you are ready to enter the Gateway where all learning is complete and you prepare for and await your End Point Assessment. It is your End Point Assessment, conducted by an external organisation that determies your final apprenticeship grade.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.