Customer Service Apprentice Pelham Medical Group
Pelham Medical Group are looking to recruit an outgoing, driven and enthusiastic person to become their new Apprentice.
Closing date: 12 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Jan 2022
13 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
In this role the successful candidate will deliver an efficient, combined medical reception/admin role and also to provide a high level of customer care and general advisory service to the practice working across both Stirling Medical Centre and Church View Health Centre as per rota requirements in order to keep skills mix up to date and ensure flexibility at all times.
To work with the practice team towards the future development of the practice whilst at all times working within the spirit of the governing rules and regulations adopted by primary care and promoting an excellent standard of customer care at all times.
The successful candidate will be trained and developed by a friendly and experienced team over both sites and will also be provided guidance and support by an industry based trainer-assessor.
- Meet and greet patients upon arrival including visitors to the practice, providing relevant assistance to their reason for attending
- Promoting a high standard of customer care at all times promoting a positive image of yourself and the practice
- Booking appointments for patients presenting at the front reception desk for all clinics and services for both Stirling Medical Centre and Church View Health Centre using EMIS Web clinical system ensuring sufficient information is recorded and appointment record cards are given to patients
- Ensure correct use of Duty Dr, Rapid Access, Nurse Clinics, Family Planning and Walk in patient policies at all times when patients present at the front reception desk
- Deal with all patient and visitor enquiries in a polite and efficient manner
- Signposting our patients and visitors to relevant information and services available
- Ensuring adherence to information governance standards at all times including correct checking of patient details when entering patient records and full knowledge of information governance and information security policies and protocols
- Prepare repeat prescription requests in accordance with practice policy when patients requests at the front reception desk, via email or using online services
- Provide a prescription collection point service to patients and chemists etc.
- Provide a high level of communication at all times with patients, visitors, clinical and other practice staff, and using tasks and screen messages appropriately
- Complete start and end of day procedures to open premises activate/deactivate the alarm and make all necessary preparations to receive patients and secure the building at the end of the day
- Point of contact for day-to-day premises management issues arising within Stirling Medical Centre reporting to the Assistant Practice Manager
- Maintain up-to-date and compliant medical records adhering to our “paperless” system, noting births/deaths, change of name/address etc.
- Register new patients and arrange new patient health checks
- Promote the use of the automated arrival machine (Church view only) to our patients educating them in its use as and when required to do so
- Complete filing duties and other reception/administration duties as routinely necessary relevant to the front reception area
- Ensure reception and waiting area are kept neat and tidy and free from hazards
- Receive and pass on messages, and act on patient instructions efficiently, accurately and appropriately
- Maintain stocks of Practice Leaflets and other patient related materials at all times
- Receiving and recording patient samples for testing
- Receipt of payment for private services for patients, issuing receipts and following petty cash protocols
- Receiving and distributing incoming mail etc
Requirements and prospects
- Accurate inputting of information
- To be able to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Recognise when to seek advice from others
- To be able to work within different teams and environments
- To manage time effectively
- Be capable of working to deadlines
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Good standard of education possesses good computing skills and the ability to use Microsoft Word and e-mail
- Smart appearance
- Polite, friendly manner
- To aspire to provide high standards
- Enthusiasm to develop the role and continuously learn.
- Accepting of others must be a team player and non-judgmental in a diverse environment
Entry requirements are set by the employer however it is generally expected candidates would have achieved GCSE Grade 3/D in Maths and English, Functional Skills equivalent or be working at this level.
Possible progression to an Advanced Apprenticeship and a permanent job role for the right candidate.
Things to consider
Prior to applying, please ensure you are able to get to and from this workplace within the operating hours.
Please be aware as the first part of the process you will be asked to complete a Learner Form Electronically and online assessments in English, Maths and ICT. You will receive one to one Information, Advice and Guidance with one of the Learner Engagement Team over the phone.
We will be unable to consider your application for any vacancy unless you complete the process.
About the employer
The practice was originally founded in the 1920's by Dr Archie Harris, when the surgery was then to be found at 20a Dudley Street, a semi-detached dwelling, with Dr Harris living next door. Through the decades the practice has grown from a single handed GP practice to a two site practice with over 11,000 patients at present. In July 2012 we were successful in tendering for the Humber View Surgery, based at Stirling Medical Centre. Both practices are housed in purpose built health centres.
Pelham Medical Group
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Grimsby Institute of Further & Higher Education
Paula Butterfield 01472 311222 email@example.com
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard
- A bespoke programme of technical and vocational learning
- Functional Skills in Maths and English if applicable
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.