Apprentice Food & Beverage Assistant Ashorne Hill
The Food & Beverage Assistant role involves delivering the highest standard of food and beverage service to all our customers. You will be expected to prepare the restaurants for service, lay-up and clear tables and serve our customers in a friendly and professional manner. You will always be focused on giving the customer a great experience.
Closing date: 10 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
11 Jul 2022
13 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The role of the F&B assistant is to support all aspects of the food and beverage service to ensure an efficient and professional delivery of catering services to all clients and staff in line with high standards.
Daily catering for up to 240 customers, 4 restaurants and 3 refreshment stations.
During your apprenticeship you will be trained and developed to perform the following tasks:
- To provide efficient, courteous and professional service at all times, undertaking new or refresher training sessions as required
- To assist in the delivery of all aspects of the food and beverage service to our clients, in all areas of catering outlets, be that restaurant, bar or coffee stations
- Maintain high standards of hygiene and personal presentation. The uniform is to be worn in the correct manner
- To ensure that all health and safety procedures are followed in line with organisational policy and Health and Safety at Work
- Handle any complaints from delegates, responding accordingly or escalating as required to ensure that the complaints procedure is be followed and service recovery results in a satisfied client
- To embrace & deliver a high standard of customer service
- Carry out any other reasonable requests of senior management
- Be prepared to complete an essential food safety course
- Have a flexible approach to work and an ability to prioritise. It is essential that they have good communication skills and present themselves in a confident and enthusiastic manner
Requirements and prospects
- Good time keeping
Ideal candidates will have good team working skills, a flexible approach to work and an ability to prioritise. It is essential that they have good communication skills and present themselves in a confident and enthusiastic manner.
GCSE English and maths will be required at grade 4/C, equivalent or above, but upskilling may be available.
In the Restaurant and Bar, a candidate could be trained to be a Supervisor. There are also opportunities to cross over to other departments as we advertise all new jobs internally and staff have gone from working in the restaurant to reception and sales.
Things to consider
Some weekend working.
Own transport is essential due to the location.
About the employer
Ashorne Hill is a grade 11 listed Manor house dedicated conference centre in Leamington Spa, set in 35 acres of stunning Warwickshire countryside. Ashorne Hill offers the perfect learning environment with our facilities being conducive to meetings, business training, team events and networking in an idyllic setting. Ashorne Hill offers a variety of meeting rooms and training rooms.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Solihull College
Bryan Anderson 01789266245 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Intermediate Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional skills in English and maths as required
- End point assessment
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.