Business Administrator Apprentice Dr Khurro
This is an exciting opportunity to join Dr Khuroo's Practice the successful applicant will gain experience in the workplace whilst working towards a Business Administration Level 3 Qualification Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
Closing date: 26 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
27 May 2022
08 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- To have a thorough knowledge of all Practice procedures.
- To work in accordance of written protocols
- Pulling/filing notes for surgeries and update as necessary
- Filing post in medical records
- Fax and photocopy as requested
- Generating repeat prescription requests
- Receiving patients consulting with members of Practice team
- Handing completed repeat prescriptions to patient and checking names and address.
- Be able to cover all reception position as necessary
- Answering telephone calls in a professional manner
- Meeting and greeting patients that come to reception
- Process appointment requests for today and future appointments from patients by telephone and in person.
- Deal with visits requests
- Registrations of new patients – computer data entry and medical records.
- Process patients change of address – computer data and medical records (have knowledge of Practice area.
- Booking, cancelling and changing appointments.
- Process repeat prescription request in accordance with Practice guidelines.
- Scanning medical records
- Actioning pathology test results
- Have working knowledge of telephone/bleep system, during and after hours.
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner.
Requirements and prospects
- IT skills
- L2 English skills
- Min L1 maths
- Good telephone and verbal communication (confidence)
- Good attendance
- Time management
- Good customer service skills
- Able to think using own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Computer literacy
- Organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Be proficient in Word, Excel & Outlook, Powerpoint
- Competent to organise own daily tasks to ensure they are completed timely
- Excellent telephone manner
- Well presented
- Organised/attention to detail
- Excellent communication
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including English, maths.
Employment with the company
Things to consider
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, Practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the Practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
About the employer
At Dr Khuroo’s Practice we aim to treat all our patients promptly, courteously and in complete confidence. We feel that the service we give to our patients is of paramount importance as we aim to provide a high quality family health care. We offer a full general practice service and run specialist clinics for children and pregnant women, diabetes and asthma sufferers and for patients needing minor surgery.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nova Training Ltd
Laura Malpass 07496568668 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Minimum of 20% off the job training
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.