HR Administrator Apprentice AGE CONCERN HAMPSHIRE CORPORATE TRUSTEE LIMITED
This exciting opportunity includes handling day to day queries and providing HR advice; working on a range of HR processes, from transactional to relatively complex, from recruitment and payroll through to retirement; using HR and payroll systems to keep records; providing relevant HR information in reports; working with the team on HR changes.
Closing date: 17 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
20 Dec 2021
08 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
To learn how to provide high quality advice in line with the Charity’s policies and procedures and relevant employment legislation where applicable.
Duties will include:
- Advise and assist the HR Advisor with recruitment campaigns, writing of job descriptions, conducting interviews and managing the administrative processes. Proactively support the development of the recruitment process for both staff and volunteers
- Prepare and issue contractual documents including for new hires, promotions, transfers or other changes to terms and conditions of employment
- Maintain accurate HRIS data for employees and ensure staff records are kept up to date within the HR database
- Assisting with Payroll administrative tasks and data input
- Support the design and delivery of HR training workshops (e.g. performance management, 121s, recruitment, absence management and employee engagement)
- Contribute to the improvement and development of HR Policies and Procedures ensuring compliance with employment legislation where applicable
- Assist in the administration of placements under the Governments “Kickstart” scheme (16 to 24 Year olds)
- Lead or participate in improvement projects in line with the functional HR objectives
- Work in partnership on any ad hoc duties and projects to identify and drive improvement aimed at attracting, maintaining and developing an exceptional Age Concern Hampshire team and in improving the HR function
- Deal with day-to-day HR enquiries from all employees
- Support the Head of HR and HR Advisor in projects and initiatives
- Any other related duties connected with the Charity’s HR function as may be required
- To work as part of the HR team and co-operate with and support other team members
- Undertake training and development (CPD) to improve own effectiveness via the level 3 HR apprenticeship
- Attend and contribute to internal meetings as required
- To commit to the Organisation’s strategic objective and values, and be an ambassador for ACH in all activities
- To comply with the policies and procedures of ACH
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to use initiative to solve problems
- Ability to build and develop relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively at all levels
- Proactive and able to use initiative to develop solutions
- Attention to detail while remaining focused on key objectives
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills to handle multiple priorities
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to meet strict deadlines
- Highly motivated to deliver an excellent service
- Good team player but also able to work alone
- Handles conflict and sensitive HR situations professionally and confidentially
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn
- Resilient, communicative and confident
- Highly motivated to ensure a high quality, effective and safe HR service provision
- Honest, trustworthy, reliable and respectful
- Prepared to “roll up sleeves” and get stuck in
- Displays energy and enthusiasm in the way they go about their role, dealing positively with setbacks when they occur. Stays positive under pressure
For this level Apprenticeship A-C/8-4 or equivalent in maths and English is requested, with an ICT qualification considered an advantage, however all applicants will be considered on merit subject to initial assessment against the challenging academic requirements of the standard.
Confident application of English is critical to this role.
We have a positive outlook that this role will lead to a permanent position being offered and would look to support the apprentice either onto the next level or through the CIPD study route.
Things to consider
Understands the structure of the organisation; the services it delivers; the external market and sector within which it operates; where their role fits in the organisation; the ‘Values’ by which it operates and how these apply to their role.
HR Legislation and Policy:
Basic understanding of HR in their sector and any unique features. Good understanding of HR legislation and the HR Policy framework of the organisation. Sound understanding of the HR Policies that are relevant to their role. Knows where to find expert advice.
Understands the role and focus of HR within the organisation; its business plan / priorities and how these apply to their role.
HR Systems and Processes:
Understands the systems, tools and processes used in the role, together with the standards to be met, including the core HR systems used by the organisation.
About the employer
Not for Profit Charity providing care and respite for the over 50’s in own daycare centres and in the home across Hampshire.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Fareham College
Advanced HR Support Standard.
Business Plus at Fareham College will carry out the training. We are an Ofsted rated Outstanding College. Time at College will cover bespoke off the job training to meet the need of the standard delivered at the College site and regular visits and support from the Professional Coach at the workplace.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.