Services Team Apprentice Assistant Ridley & Hall
The prime role of the Apprentice Assistant is to provide support within the Central Services Enquiries Team, dealing with high volumes of calls and a quick turnover, to enable the team to operate at optimum efficiency.
Closing date: 24 Jan 2022
£168.75 - £206.25
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
14 Feb 2022
07 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The role will include various administration duties with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship. The role will include some of the following areas:
- To assist with Client work as allocated by the Team Manager in charge of the Central Services Team in accordance with the detailed procedures and quality standards contained in the firm's Office Manual
- To exercise high standards of Client care at all times in a professional and pleasant manner
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all the firm's and Client documentation and information
- To maintain clear and precise communications with other personnel of the firm
- To ensure good working relationships with external institutions and organisations
- As requested, to support, develop and supervise immediate support staff
- To undertake any reasonable task as requested
- Handling all new enquiries including telephone, web, emails and walk-ins
- Identify client legal matters, taking detailed information and making detailed notes to assist the legal teams in their decision-making
- Meet client expectations
- Liaising with legal teams to ensure the conversion of enquiries into cases
- Using our case management system to record new enquiries, data and enquiry outcomes
- Gathering permissions from enquirers for future marketing initiatives
- Upselling legal services where applicable
- Opening and closing files
Supporting marketing and business development initiatives. As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions
- Attend and be punctual for all lessons
- Complete all required assignments with by the required timeline.
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going during your apprenticeship programme.
- Access support from your tutor/assessor as and when required
- Access support from your manager with regards to any evidence requirements or support as and when required
- Attend all work-based training/support sessions
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives
Requirements and prospects
- Skill or interested in administration and customer service practice.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including strong written and oral communication.
- Strong word-processing skills, particularly Microsoft Word is desirable.
- Reliable, conscientious, smart, professional dress and demeanour.
- Maths and English GCSE at Level 5 or above.
- Confidence in making outbound telephone calls and dealing with challenging phone calls.
- Confident in speaking to and dealing with clients (some of which may be emotional/difficult due to the circumstances that they are in)
- Using your initiative
- Careful record keeping and diary management
- 1 years’ work experience or A Levels or other equivalent qualifications.
- Maths and English at Level 5 or above.
- An IT qualification would be an advantage
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification.
There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications.
Things to consider
There are good transport links by bus/train.
Please check cost and time it will take to travel.
About the employer
Ridley & Hall are an award-winning firm of solicitors, based in Yorkshire, with a national profile – having offices in Huddersfield, Leeds and Pontefract. Passionate about making a difference to peoples’ lives by being innovative and forward thinking. Caring about helping their clients to solve their legal problems. Avoiding complicated legal jargon and are clear about the cost involved of any advice that is given.
Our Central Services Team (CST) support our legal departments. The CST’S most important role is the triage of new enquiries received. CST speak to our new enquirers, taking details and determining whether Ridley & Hall can help, passing the enquirer through to the legal teams if appropriate.
CST also manage data, file opening and closing services and in the future we hope that CST will continue to develop the range of support services offered to our legal teams.
Ridley & Hall
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Nichola Barnes Apprenticeships@kirkleescollege.ac.uk
Overview of Customer Service Apprenticeship Standard.
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers.
The standard covers the following:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
Your role and responsibility:
- Customer experience
- Product and service knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
Behaviours / Attitude:
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
- Equality - treating all customers as individuals
- Presentation - dress code, professional language
- “Right first time”
You will complete an End Point Assessment this will involve the following:
- Practical Observation
- Professional Discussion
Functional Skills: Level 1 and then L2 in Maths and English (Exemptions may apply if Grade A - C GCSE, Functional/Key Skills Level 1 or 2 has been achieved.
You are given one day per week as time off to study; you will attend classes via Teams and complete work for your apprenticeship. The study day is a Wednesday.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.