Deployment and Business Apprentice The Nec Group
Are you are passionate about a career in Business, as we would love to support you on your journey. We have a fantastic opportunity for an individual that is looking to kick start their career in deployment and business. Working within a friendly, collaborative team you will gain valuable experience from our fast-paced environment.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2021
£225.00 - £300.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
03 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The aim of this role is to offer the opportunity to develop skills whilst undertaking a Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship with a view to continuing a role within Recruitment and Deployment Administration Coordination within the NEC Group - Amadeus Catering operations.
- To help plan and coordinate the staffing of all events within the business areas ensuring that the calibre of the people deployed are the best to represent the Amadeus and The NEC Group
- Be the first line contact for all variably paid employees and workers
- Reactive positively to changes
- Build commercially beneficial and positive relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers
- Work with the operational managers to ensure that the service the R & D deliver to our customers is of the highest standard
- To support Deployment Co-ordinators at our other venues is essential.
- Due to the nature of our businesses and the role you will be required to work evenings, weekends, and early mornings.
- Ensure accurate inputting of data for agency billing purposes
- Provide comprehensive forecasting and execution of workforce planning
- To provide administration and co-ordination support to the conference and banqueting
Requirements and prospects
· To be computer literate and proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
· Knowledge of workforce scheduling systems would be ideal however if not we can always train
· Have an excellent telephone manner gained in an office environment
· Be an excellent verbal and written communicator
· Be able to interact at all levels
· Be able to multitask with the ability to work on numerous projects at any given time, delivering all in a timely manner to a standard with excellent attention to detail
· Proactively seek solutions to issues that may arise
· Self-motivated and able to work well on own or as a team
· Flexible due to nature of our business and be able to work nights and weekends
· Build rapport quickly with people
· Have a sense of urgency
· Be able to see the bigger picture and potential consequences of lack of action.
· Experience of working effectively in a flexible role
- Well presented
- Flexible and proactive
- Can do attitude
- Willing to learn new skills
- Organised with excellent attention to detail
- Positive self motivator
- Punctual and reliable
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- The ability to commit to getting a foundation of experience
- A great team ethic and solid communication skills
- Strong time management skills and an ability to organise and prioritize your work load
- Any previous administrative experience through work experience is desired but not essential
GCSE in Maths, English and I.T grade C/4 and above
Opportunity to grow within the business and possible progression to a full-time role/higher level apprenticeship role.
Things to consider
Office based role:
Variety of shifts working 5 days over 7 days a week to include weekends, early morning and evening shifts.
This role is mainly based at the ICC B1 2EA and on occasion Resorts Conference Centre The VOX B40 1PU
About the employer
This is an exciting opportunity to join the UK’s leading live events business at a critical time as we grow our business both within the UK and potentially globally.
NEC Group is the UK’s leading live events business operating in exhibitions, conferences, music, sports, family entertainment and hospitality.
Additional location information
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Solihull College
Paul Bates 0121 678 7178 email@example.com
Business Administrator apprenticeship standard
Functional skills in English and maths as required
End point assessment
Full company induction and compliance training, on going mentor throughout apprenticeship journey.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.