Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship Pharmacy Services Assistant Edwalton Pharmacy
Edwalton Village Pharmacy, based in South Nottingham, is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant.
Closing date: 01 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Dec 2021
02 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Edwalton Pharmacy is a busy and friendly pharmacy based in Edwalton Village. The post holder will be a people person and demonstrate a welcoming and friendly approach when assisting customers on the counter. You will also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in the pharmacy.
If you are enthusiastic and willing to succeed in the pharmaceutical sector, this role is perfect for you. Main duties include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
- This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employer's address and will not need to attend college
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of using your own initiative
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Clear, polite telephone manner
- Interpersonal skills
- The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, proactive and show initiative
- They will be a team player and able to prioritise workload at a busy time, remaining calm
- They will be dedicated and willing to work in line with strict procedural guidelines to ensure the assignments are handed in on time
- The idea candidate will also be mature and understand the importance of confidentiality when handing the personal data of patients and customers
- Other qualities may include being: Smart, polite and confident
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Team working
A* - C (9-4) GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent Level 2 Functional Skills) or the equivalent.
Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Edwalton Village Pharmacy is a welcoming and busy pharmacy based in the village of Edwalton, offering traditional chemist services and providing an array of other pharmacy services to the local community.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Pharmacy Services Assistant Level 2 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/pharmacy-services-assistant-v1-0
Functional Skills up to Level 2 in English and maths if required.
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment.
Please refer to the above link for more information.
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)