Apprentice IT Technician at Lightcliffe Academy ABBEY MULTI ACADEMY TRUST
This role requires an apprentice to support the ICT Manager in ensuring all the school ICT systems function effectively by providing a comprehensive maintenance and support service for all hardware, software and operating systems. The apprentice will also be required to support the development of ICT in the school.
Closing date: 29 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
12 Sep 2017
18 Jan 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Add and maintain User Accounts – AD, Email, Print, SIMS, etc
- Provide ICT support to the Academy
- Maintain the ICT helpdesk and electronic ICT helpdesk
- Ensure helpdesk queues are prioritised accordingly
- Repair and upgrade ICT equipment
- Provide suitable specifications for new PC hardware
- Install and configure new IT hardware
- Install and configure new IT software
- Support staff and students with IT issues
- Train staff and students to use IT equipment as required (e.g. Smart boards)
- Maintain the ICT asset database
- Ensure loan equipment is charged and ready for use
- Install, maintain and replace consumables in school printers
- Report printer issues directly to supplier and arrange repair
- Clean projector filters and replace bulbs as required
- Provide support to staff for MIS and related software
- Support for media department equipment (eg, iMacs)
- Maintain all ICT Technician equipment/spares and maintain good organisation within Technician room
- Assist with technical setup for assemblies
- Assist in creating digital resources
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent IT skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must possess a positive attitude and be a team player
- Able to use own judgement and initiative to take ownership of a problem and deal with appropriately
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
About the employer
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional
- Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
- CompTIA A+
Estio training also offer the following optional units:
- MCTS on Windows 7
- MCTS on MCSA, MS Solutions Associate
- MCITP on Windows Server 2008
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- MCSA Windows Server 2012
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Scarlett Uttley 01133 500 333 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Aug 2017