Business Development Apprentice LS-TEN LIMITED
The Business Development Apprentice Role will work with the central business department of the charity supporting the Senior Leadership Team. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to undertake a Business Administrator apprenticeship.
Closing date: 09 Jan 2022
£220.00 - £360.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Jan 2022
25 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The role will be varied and respond to business need requiring the individual to be flexible, have the ability to work collaboratively and independently. There will be elements of the role which will require the Business Development Apprentice to lead projects from conception to completion. As part of the central business team the Business Development Apprentice will be required to operate in a professional manner at all times. They will be required to work with stakeholders, at times being the primary point of contact for the charity.
There are five key areas of responsibility for the role:
Business Administration: This may include:
- Meeting minutes
- Note taking
- Managing central email account / Proof reading documentation
Commercial: As the first point of contact during standard working hours the Business Development Apprentice will manage all enquiries that come into the charity (phone call, email, social media). This includes all sales and booking queries which can then be processed or signposted to the relevant department.
Finance: Working with the Business Manager to ensure LS-TEN has a robust financial management system in place. This includes but is not limited to:
- Daily checks on Xero (cloud based accountancy system)
- Uploading all receipts, invoices and other financial transactions to Xero
- Reconciling all financial transactions
- Issue invoices and follow up outstanding invoices awaiting payment
- Cashing up
- Oversee expenses accounts ensuring staff meet deadlines in submitting paperwork
Funding: As a charity LS-TEN is fortunate to receive funding support in a number of different formats. The Business Development Apprentice will play a significant part in ensuring LS-TEN have a clearly defined funding process in place. Duties include:
- Record all funding on Xero
- Acknowledge and show appreciation for all funding received
- Have a detailed knowledge of the various programmes of work being undertaken or in the pipeline that would benefit from funding
- Review potential grants and funding opportunities to align to potential projects
- Support with writing funding proposals
- Carry on ongoing reviews during the delivery of funding projects to ensure meeting all criteria
- Complete all monitoring paperwork on completion of funded projects
- Working with the department leads and SLT record the review of the projects and highlight the recommendations and learning points for future planning and delivery
Digital: As a key part of daily functions will be to ensure that the website and social media networks are checked. Duties include:
- Respond to messages
- Ensure content is current
- Liaise with departments for content ensuring the quality is in line with the brand and is consistent
- Further enhance the social media across professional platforms such as LinkedIn
- Take responsibility for your own continuous professional development and attend relevant training courses to improve your own coaching delivery
- Be familiar and comply with LS-TEN health and safety regulations and to undertake activity / venue risk assessments prior to all sessions, and report and record incidents / accidents / hazards
- Partake in appropriate training and deliver basic First Aid where required
- Respect the rights of all participants and ensure that their well-being and safety are considered at all times
- Work in a flexible way and undertake any other duties not specifically covered in the job description, when assigned by the line manager
- Complete skatepark duty list to comply with policies and procedures
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent IT skills, including Word and Excel
- A good level of English grammar and spelling
- Good oral and written communication skills, with good attention to detail and ability to work on your own initiative
- Confident in numeracy, especially in financial control
- Strong understanding of digital platforms, especially social media
- Good time management and organisation skills
- The ability to prioritise and cope well with tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate confidently with people of all ages and backgrounds
- A polite, confident, friendly and professional manner
- High degree of flexibility and can-do attitude
5 GSCEs including English and Maths at grade 9 - 5 (A*- C equivalent).
A career in Business Development or 3rd sector management.
Things to consider
LS-TEN is not a standard work place and has several delivery strands meaning even though a relatively small charity it is complex. Working with a diverse range of groups including vulnerable and challenging children its vital that all team members are excellent role models and are not phased by what can be intense interactions. The Charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure Barring Service Check.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
LS-TEN is a small charity based in South Leeds that operates across 3 key areas; Education, Community Programmes and Skatepark. We deliver a diverse range of programmes on and offsite 7 days a week and operate all year round. Passionate about individual and community development across all departments.
LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leeds City College
Leeds City College training:
We will support and coach the apprentice through the apprenticeship standard.
We will carry out both curriculum and pastoral care.
We will carry out the skills development workshop days off site.
They will oversee the teaching and learning around the knowledge, behaviours, and skills elements of the standard, outlined below. We will manage the apprentice’s OneFile account ensuring targets, milestones and deadlines are achieved.
Units of study:
- Decision making
- Interpersonal skills
- Quality assurance
- Planning and organisation
- Project management
- Managing performance
- Regulations and laws
- IT and presentations
- Record and document production
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.