Wellbeing Hub Apprentice Administrator East Lindsey District Council
East Lindsey District Council are looking to recruit 2 Apprentices to their Wellbeing Team to provide administrative support. You will work towards a Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
23 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To provide administrative support to the Wellbeing Service
- To accept general telephone calls to the service and provide the appropriate response which could include taking messages
- To respond to enquiries by telephone, letter or in person within approved timescales as instructed
- To contact referrals into the Wellbeing Service, following the processes contained in the Wellbeing Workflow
- To ensure all contact in relation to Wellbeing cases is logged appropriately
- To assist Senior members of the Wellbeing Service as instructed
- To organise meetings (venue, refreshments etc) and take minutes as required
- To carry out general administrative duties such as photocopying, scanning, filing, and maintaining statistical records as required.
- To assist with procurement and to maintain a stock of stationary and leaflets and to assist with keeping the content up to date including web content.
- To undertake and engage in the relevant NVQ training to the role
- To manage incoming and outgoing post
- To record and maintain information for available services across Lincolnshire.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post and scale
More detailed info below:
The role is office-based providing administrative support to the Wellbeing teams. A large portion of time will be spent answering and making telephone calls in order to complete and process Wellbeing referrals. Other time will be spent providing more general admin support for Wellbeing to enable service users to meet their longer-term goals and aspirations. This is likely to be through scanning, printing, and postal duties.
Other objectives will include:
- Process referrals received for the Wellbeing Service using the Mosaic case management systems and spreadsheets to securely record and store service user’s information
- Act as the initial point of contact for Lincolnshire residents contacting the Wellbeing service, also signpost service users to other council departments at each Lincolnshire District Authority as required
- Using a friendly and professional telephone manner develop a good relationship with each service user as a basis for ensuring their on-going general wellbeing and independence
- To produce accurate written and computerised records as required ensuring continuity and consistency. Using attention to detail to record information in the Mosaic case management system as well as other internal spreadsheets
- To undertake such additional duties as may be necessary for the efficient running of the service including but not limited to procurement and research tasks
- To regularly liaise with the Trusted Assessors & Generic Support Officers on all matters relating to their cases via telephone and email
- To demonstrate at all times an empathy with those, who for whatever reason are in need of our services, with a commitment to social inclusion, diversity, and equal opportunities
- To participate in regular supervision sessions, team, and department meetings for the purpose of enhancing performance and communication and identify training needs for personal and service development
- To undertake an induction and training as appropriate to meet the wide range of service users’ needs, some of which will be required prior to commencement of employment
- To share the Corporate Aims particularly that of Reducing Inequalities and Improving Quality of Life for our service users
Requirements and prospects
- Experience using Microsoft applications
- Good communication skills
- System knowledge of mosaic
- Knowledge of the Wellbeing Service
- Team player
5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent)
- Health and Social Care NVQ (or equivalent)
Progression to the next level of qualification upon completion of this apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Physical/ Mental/ Emotional Demands:
The activities in this job are undertaken mainly in a sedentary position. There may be limited requirements for standing, walking, bending, or stretching. This job requires the jobholder to use considerable effort in lifting or carrying for a small proportion of the total working time. Working in constrained positions is also required for a small proportion of the total working time.
Enhanced mental attention is required to ensure that the tasks and duties of this job are carried out correctly. This has to be applied over short periods of time at least once a week. There is a need for concentrated sensory attention by the jobholder for short periods. Working to deadlines is a feature of this job, requiring the jobholder and/or his/her team to complete a task or series of tasks by a pre-set time.
The job involves handling, by telephone, people whose personal circumstances or behaviour could cause the jobholder emotional stress or upset. These are mainly users of the Organisation's services and exposure to behaviour giving rise to emotional upset is an integral feature of the job, occurring frequently.
About the employer
We believe work should be enjoyable, challenging and rewarding and we work hard to create an environment in which you are supported to achieve your potential.
We are a modern, ambitious, professional, and outward-looking local authority who celebrates diversity and actively pursues continuous improvement in everything we do. We also believe that listening to what you say about your job and the council is important to improving the services we provide.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by First College
Jude Ingram 01507 601122
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.