Business Administration Apprentice Kesbury Ltd
This business and role offer the opportunity to be involved with a wide range of tasks providing assistance to the accounts and administration team and the sales office. The information generated by the admin team is imperative to the business’s success and the decisions the sales team make on a daily basis.
Closing date: 30 Jan 2022
£184.80 to £356.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Feb 2022
18 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Providing assistance to both Accounts and Sales Team
- Processing and inputting data from production reports into spreadsheets, checking and questioning if information is correct or not
- Sales Ledger – Invoice processing, posting customer receipts
- Sales Ledger Reporting
- Maintaining paper copies and records
- Intake and Purchase Ledger processing
- Maintaining traceability records, assistance with weekly stock take
- Preparation of timesheets for payroll
- Answering the telephone, assisting with customer enquiries
- Greeting visitors to reception and providing visitor guidance and questionnaires for completion
- Fielding calls to appropriate members or to a generic email
- Project work utilising excel knowledge
- Work with Operation and Technical Director to plan and organise BRC Technical Process
Requirements and prospects
- Good numeric skills advantageous
- Attention to detail
- Good communication and organisational skills
Good maths and English Where a business administrator has not already achieved Level 2 English and maths, they must do so before taking the end-point assessment.
Hopefully move to a permanent role.
About the employer
Kesbury is a privately owned, family-run business and was founded in 1985 by Geoff Knight and Terry Jeffery.
Both Geoff and Terry have considerable retail experience which has set the company apart from other wholesalers and mass producers. They have been able to use their knowledge and training to provide a customised service, which allows cuts to be prepared to a customer's specification giving them the exact product they require, time and time again.
The company enjoyed tremendous growth in its early years enabling an expansion into extensive premises, in the heart of Somerset, that has grown and adapted with the business as it has moved forward.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Strode College
Suzie Drew 01458 844419 email@example.com
One Day at College
Business administrators have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours that can be applied in all sectors. This includes small and large businesses alike; from the public sector, private sector and charitable sector. The role may involve working independently or as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services. Business administrators develop key skills and behaviours to support their own progression towards management responsibilities.
The responsibilities of the role are to support and engage with different parts of the organisation and interact with internal or external customers. With a focus on adding value, the role of business administrator contributes to the efficiency of an organisation, through the support of functional areas, working across teams and resolving issues as requested. The flexibility and responsiveness required to allow the apprentice to develop a wide range of skills.
The business administrator is expected to deliver their responsibilities efficiently and with integrity – showing a positive attitude. The role involves demonstrating strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and adopting a proactive approach to developing skills. The business administrator is also expected to show initiative, managing priorities and own time, problem-solving skills, decision-making and the potential for people management responsibilities through mentoring or coaching others.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.