Apprentice Practitioner Town House Day Nursery
Town House Day Nursery are looking for an Apprentice Practitioner to work in a children's day nursery. Working with children under 5 in their earliest years. Full training to be provided by Town House Day Nursery and Total People.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
17 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Town House Day Nursery are looking for an Apprentice Practitioner to work in a children's day nursery. Working with children under 5 in their earliest years.
Full training to be provided by Town House Day Nursery and Total People.
Working with children under 5 in their earliest years. To help ensure the safety and security of children in the setting whilst promoting the children's learning and enjoyment through planned play experiences.
The role will include:
- Supporting children's care routines such as meal and sleep times.
- Helping to prepare, carry out and clear away a wide range of childcare activities from outdoor play to creative activities and reading stories.
- To supervise and support children's play extending their interests ensuring they feel safe and secure at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Enthusiastic and reliable.
- Able to communicate well with children and adults.
- To be able to work as an effective team member.
- A genuine interest in a career working with children.
- No formal qualifications required.
Things to consider
About the employer
When you visit us, you will see a warm and homely environment, with staff who are dedicated to the children in their care. Our approach considers the development of the whole child and provides care and learning opportunities which reflect this, for example swimming lessons, music and movement, baby massage classes, outdoor learning and French tuition.
- Apprenticeship in the Children & Young People's Workforce.
- One day per week day release childcare training at a Total People training site to achieve the Certificate in the Children & Young People's Workforce.
- Additional training provided by Total People to cover all aspects of the apprenticeship framework - 12 hour Paediatric First Aid. Food Safety Certificate.
- Level 2 Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills. Maths, English and ICT Level 1 functional Skills.
Children and Young People's Workforce
TOTAL PEOPLE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Total People Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017