Apprentice Customer Assistant Eat Me Stores Ltd
An exciting opportunity for a 30 hours per week, permanent position in a sweet shop as part of a small & friendly team in Nottingham. You will work in a retail environment and be fully trained to provide exceptional customer service.
Closing date: 03 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
13 Dec 2021
18 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will be working in a retail environment and be fully trained to provide exceptional customer service. You will complete your apprenticeship in a real working environment and develop.
- To meet/exceed daily sales targets
- To aim to get a sale from every customer who enters the store
- To cross sell where possible on extra items and/or gifts
- To upsell where possible on extra items and/or gifts
- To mention to customers items that are reduced in price
- Cash handling and using the till ensuring mistakes are kept to a minimum
- Basic knowledge of all the sweets that we stock
- Familiarisation with all new sweets that arrive in store
- If unsure of a particular sweet to ask the Manager/Supervisor
- Pass on any customer product requests to Manager/Supervisor
- To maintain a high level of customer service at all times, serving and chatting to customers
- To greet every customer when they come into the store or the counter with a ‘Hi’
- To give the customer their sole attention
- To serve the customer as quickly and efficiently as possible
- To always answer a customer’s question/query, or notify my Manager/Supervisor if unsure and ensure the customer receives an answer
Operations & Store Presentation:
- Unpack deliveries quickly and efficiently when they arrive
- Re-stock and ‘face-up’ when required ensuring shelves are always full and look presentable
- Refill jars, pick n mix/truffle counters and glass jars when required
- Make up bags of sweets and gifts ensuring there are surplus supplies in the stockroom
- If something is out of place on the shelf or there is rubbish on the floor to tidy it immediately
- Follow the daily and weekly cleaning rota
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Able to build relationships with our regular customers
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Confident approaching customers and offering them support in locating items
No specific qualification required.
Progression for the right person.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Benson’s Sweet Shop are opening in Nottingham and we are looking for people to join our team. Our aim is to be a fun destination where everyone (not just children!) will find sweets they love now or from years gone by. Who doesn’t have a sweet tooth!
We are a specialist confectionary retailer selling Sweet Gifts, Traditional Sweets in Jars, Pick ‘n’ Mix, Handmade Fudge, Chocolate Liqueurs, Premium Liquorice, Free From, Chocolate, Truffles, Lollipops, Candy Canes, Jelly Beans, American Candy and Soda.
Eat Me Stores Ltd
ACCESS TRAINING (EAST MIDLANDS) LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Access Training
Zoe Hayes 07918907110 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Customer Service Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills if required
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.