Apprentice Licensing Support Herefordshire Council
To assist the licensing team in the day to day running of the business by providing administration support to other team members. The role will require the inspection of documents, saving of documents and then attachment to licensing application. In addition to this you will be required to produce the licences and post them out.
Closing date: 22 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
04 Feb 2022
18 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities / Key Result Areas:
- Ensure all applications, representations and associated documentation are scanned and stored in the required folder
- Ensuring that any documentation received in relation to licences is attached to CIVICA
- To ensure that all submitted documentation is fully completed
- To ensure that all applications are complete and contain the required documents
- To ensure that customers are aware of any missing documents they need to provide
- Where documents are to be put into the public domain redacted confidential/personal information in line with the Data Protection Act and Information Security
- To copy final signed licences and saving to the required file and attaching to CIVICA
- To be responsible for finding receipts and saving the receipts to the required folder
- Assisting in the delivery of a high level of customer care by responding to enquiries from the public both by telephone and in person
- To ensure that information and data provided or used by the service is accurate, valid, reliable, timely, relevant and complete for the purpose intended
- To follow the relevant procedures for ensuring that information and data is collected and recorded accurately thus enabling the production of accurate licences
- To issue taxi plates, taxi badges and any other licence as required
- To ensure scanned and stored documents are unloaded onto CIVICA
- To input applications into CIVICA
- To assist any other team members in the completion of licences
- To provide advice, assistance and guidance to businesses, other agencies, elected members and the public, as directed
- All other duties of a support officer as directed by a manager
- Check email inbox for emails requiring action
- Respond to email where a response is required
- Check all applications to ensure that they are completed in full before saving to the required folder, identifying any outstanding documents and contacting the party to advise them of this
- Attach all documents relating to licence application to the correct folder before attaching to CIVICA
- Locate receipts and attach to the required file and CIVICA
- Assist other team members are required in the preparation and issuing of licences
- To contact members of the public, responsible authorities and other parties to provide or obtain any required information
- To ensure that the department has a sufficient supply of stationery, plates, badges are all other items required to produce licences
- To carry out any other duties at an appropriate level as are deemed to fall within the remit of the post
The post holder will be required to work remotely for most of the time. There will be occasions where they will be required to attend an offence to produce licences before sending them out by post.
- The post holder will be required to comply with organisation’s policies and procedures
- The organisation has a no smoking policy. Staff are not permitted to smoke on any of the organisation’s premises nor in any vehicle used on organisation business
- This Job Description covers the main duties and responsibilities of the job and will be subject to review and amendment, in consultation with the post holder, to meet the changing needs of the organisation
- Other activities commensurate with this Job Description may from time to time be undertaken by the post holder
Requirements and prospects
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Accuracy in record keeping with attention to detail
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload and achieve deadlines
- Good customer care principles
- Ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a team, and ability to be adaptable and flexible in working practices
- The ability to assess situations and make appropriate judgements and decisions
3 GCSE’s or equivalent including maths and English.
Be conversant with modern office systems including the use of computers in text production and information storage and retrieval.
There may be the potential for a full time role upon completion of the apprenticeship.
In the past vacancies have arisen during the apprenticeship period which has led on to, a permanent employment, but this will be subject to staff leaving and the role becoming vacant.
Things to consider
You must have the ability to be able to work remotely and to travel to an office in Hereford when required.
About the employer
Children's safeguarding and family support business support team provide support to children's social care. Wide ranging activities including contact centre, taking all incoming calls, the co-ordination of 200+ meetings per month, finance, general admin. Dealing with very sensitive and often graphic information relating to child protection.
Additional location information
RIVERSIDE TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Riverside Training Ltd
Rebecca McLauchlan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Business Administration
- On the job training on a one to one basis supported by training notes.
- Functional Skills if required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.