Customer Service Apprenticeship - Intermediate Wynyard Pest Control Limited
Due to increasing customer demand Wynyard Pest Control is looking to recruit an apprentice Pest Controller. You will provide, control and maintain an effective, high quality customer service to domestic and industrial pest control customers.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
17 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Prevent, control, monitor and maintain pest free conditions at customer premises for both contractual and job work.
- Investigate customer reports of pest problems, analyse problems and recommend a suitable solution.
- Apply appropriate chemical and physical pest control methods as laid down by Company procedures.
- Provide clear and concise reports to customers ensuring they are happy with the service and are given clear advice on problem solving, identification of pest species, technical issues and proofing issues.
- Organise visits to customer premises to ensure we are meeting our contractual obligations and ensure that the Company responds to emergency call outs within agreed timescales.
- Ensure each working day is planned effectively for maximum productivity, whilst still allowing flexibility to arrange other emergency visits.
- Assist with sales as and when required to include identification of new business opportunities, conversion of enquiries and passing of business leads and information from existing clients to the Director.
- Ensure you are complying with all Health and Safety legislation, customer health and safety rules and company procedures ensuring minimum risk to yourself and other people.
- Ensure that you are presentable, making sure that you always wear your company uniform, you wear appropriate personal protective equipment and that you keep your vehicle clean, well-organised and in a roadworthy condition.
- Assist with debt collection as required.
- Maintaining/managing levels of stock/materials for the working week, ensuring that materials are available at all times.
- Some overtime and flexibility with working hours may be required to suit the needs of the business - overtime payments will be agreed in advance of each job.
- Any such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
Requirements and prospects
- Clean driving licence (desirable)
- Legible handwriting
- Ability to handle customers who are disturbed at having a pest problem
- GCSE English and Maths or equivalent
- Ability to work independently and with minimum of supervision
- Practical skills such as basic DIY skills
- Literacy such as to enable the job holder to write straightforward reports of proposed and completed actions at a customer site
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Physical ability to work within limited spaces and with limited headroom
- Ability to work with, and on occasions handle, a variety of pests
- Ability to cope with variety of tasks and working environment when no two days are the same.
- The ability to accurately follow laid down processes and procedures
GCSE grades A-C which include English, Maths & ICT or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service
- Functional Skills in Maths, English & ICT. If you have GSCE grades A - C (or equivalent) in Maths, English & ICT and you obtained these within the last 5 years you will not need to complete the functional skills qualifications
- Employee Rights & Responsibilities
STOCKTON RIVERSIDE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Stockton Riverside College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017