Apprentice Administrator GB Lift Trucks
The post-holder will become fully conversant and competent in providing administrative support. Training will involve working alongside the administrative staff working under supervision.
Closing date: 28 Jan 2022
£280.00 - £320.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Feb 2022
13 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To assist in co-ordination of service engineers and their administration.
- Purchase order processing
- Accounts department duties - sales invoicing, supplier invoice processing
- Answering telephone and customer service
- Spare parts sourcing and ordering
- Service quotations
- Assist in the tasks and duties of other staff within the team during periods of staff leave/absence to ensure that an effective quality service is maintained at all times and contributing to the work of the team
- To record and securely store information relating to confidential matters and enquiries
- It is the responsibility of each member of staff to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Staff must be aware of and adhere to the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act and ensure their own safety and the safety of colleagues and patients. Staff must be aware of the action to be taken in the event of fire
- Staff should be aware of their own individual responsibilities under the Equal Opportunities Policy and ensure that they adhere to the provisions of the policy
- Any other duties which may be required from time to time, as discussed and agreed with the Line Manager & Departmental Manager
This job description is not designed to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities, but represents the current key areas of work. The content of this post will be reviewed in consultation with the post holder when necessary and in line with service developments.
Requirements and prospects
- Keyboard and computer skills - Use of electronic information systems, Microsoft packages (e.g. Outlook email, Word and Excel), SharePoint
- Customer service skills
- Organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail
- Work experience (paid or voluntary - desirable)
- Flexible and able to work effectively as part of a team
- Deal with confidential customer information and have an understanding of confidentiality
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Able to work under pressure
- Good standard of general education to GCSE Level (or equivalent) to include GCSE in English and maths at Grade C/Grade 4, equivalent or above
- IT qualification
Fantastic opportunity for progression within the organisation with a view to a full position within the business on successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
GB Lift Trucks sell and support a complete range of different manufacturers forklift trucks and warehousing products throughout the East Midlands, both new and second hand. GB Lift Trucks offer:
- Sales and hire of new/refurbished forklift trucks
- Highly effective field service and emergency repairs
- Sales of most makes of manufacturers spare parts
- Approved operator training
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Prostart
Nina Ricci 01159835837 email@example.com
The successful candidate will complete a Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship standard, along with a certificate in the Principles of Business Administration:
- Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard in Customer Service Practitioner
- Principles of Business Administration Certificate Level 2
- Functional Skill Level 1 in maths
- Functional Skill Level 1 in English
Knowledge-based off the job training will take place during the 15 months of the Apprenticeship at Prostart Training’s registered training facilities in Long Eaton or Nottingham, and the workplace.
Any other duties which may be required from time to time, as discussed and agreed with the Line Manager.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.